Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Community features  (Read 1438 times)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Community features
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
@ sami

I'm relatively sure the addition for alliance names wasn't there the last time I used that feature two years or so ago.

Yes, things are often not written anywhere but still they are forbidden or common sense tells they are. There was for example no rule written that autorefrshers etc. were forbidden (and therefor nobody was punished before the rule was introduced)  - but you assumed it is common sense not to use them. It didn't work because some people, I included, were not aware of the consequences.

Now the situation is vice versa. I assumed the well established alliance names - SkyConnect, Elite, WorldLink, Global Express etc. etc. - are not explicitely guarded but if a problem arises there is only one logical solution - you give the name to the people who are the usual founders and explain it friendly to the others. That's no accusation, but until some hours ago I was sure this is the way how it would work. I never even thought about an alternative to this.

My referring to the permanent alliance feature was also no accusation it's your fault. Of course it's not, because you didn't found the "fake" alliance. :) However, there was no reaction to my post from your side so I thought I can, should and must refer to the posting because the permanent alliance feature would solve this problem forever and add other positive things to the community.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 09:02:18 PM »
Another reason why permanent alliances should be set up!
This way there wouldn't need to be reservation of alliance names.

Also hugely disappointed by the lack of action and protection here! it makes a whole mockery of the "community feature" when the community is obviously not of interest in reality.

The guys in question who have opened the "new" alliance are fairly new to AWS to be fair and have been contacted, so we will see there response.
Let's hope it can be resolved amicably. If not, the community of the real SC alliance will take matters in their own hands and show what a real community does.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 09:03:30 PM »
Actually. The username of the creator of that alliance rings a bell, and he's done the same stunt before. So that settles it, and won't wait for their response.   ...humourish chap.  :P

But still. Make the reservation if you feel the name should be protected, and it's that simple. (Permanent alliances are then another matter / something for the future  .. which by the way WILL be done, at some point. Just the matter of how etc.)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:15:30 PM by sami »

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »
Thanks for solving the situation, sami! Would it be enough to reserve SkyConnect or must we also reserve Sky Connect, Sky  Connect, Sky_Connect, SkyConect, etc.? ;)

Offline [ATA] b757capt

• Members
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 09:10:51 PM »
Actually. The username of the creator of that alliance rings a bell, and he's done the same stunt before. So that settles it, and won't wait for their response.   ...humourish chap.  :P

But still. Make the reservation if you feel the name should be protected, and it's that simple. (Permanent alliances are then another matter / something for the future.)

Thank you Sami!!!!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.