Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why are my newly aquired a/c valued lower...  (Read 359 times)

Offline Jackson

• Members
Why are my newly aquired a/c valued lower...
« on: December 20, 2013, 01:00:43 AM »
...than 12 month old a/c of the exact same a/c type?

From ARA to ARM, they all vary between $14k to $15.6k

Why is that?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Why are my newly aquired a/c valued lower...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 01:36:48 AM »
...than 12 month old a/c of the exact same a/c type?

From ARA to ARM, they all vary between $14k to $15.6k

Why is that?

Routes (thousands) or aircraft (millions)?

Landings are rough on aircraft, so more landings = more wear = lower condition = lower value.  If you are flying short haul the aircraft will get beat up more and be valued lower than an aircraft flying long haul.

Offline Jackson

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 02:46:29 AM »
But then again, if that be the case, ARA being the first ATR delivered, it has the most landings yet is valued higher than, lets say, ARI which is still fairly brand new with less flight time AND landings. So it can't be that.

ARA/$15570000/94%/1.07yrs/4056 flight hours
ARI/$14801000/94%/0.40yrs/1619 flt hrs

As for landings, ARA is scheduled 4 return flights while ARI has only 3 per day. This is because I began with the nearest destinations.  So what am I missi g here?

brique

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 03:21:14 AM »
Aircraft condition will affect its value : even an older aircraft, if it has just been c-checked, will sometimes show as being more valuable than a newer one that's still partway through its annual mx cycle : aircraft value changes, often dramatically, if condition drops below a reasonable level, as those of us who have had a 1 year-old aircraft returned from lease at 4% condition can tell you.

You shouldn't worry too much about it, as long as you keep them maintained and they are earning : when it comes time to sell them on, its the market conditions then that will dictate their true 'value'. until then, its a more of a guide, though it does affect your CV, but not that much, overall.

Offline Jackson

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 10:58:16 AM »
So condition fluctuates depending mainly on the aircraft's last C Check also as well as it's condition and as Lemon said, it's amount of landings. Excellent.  Thanks guys.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.