Magic Carpet 2

Started by ezzeqiel, December 19, 2013, 07:43:13 PM

ezzeqiel

So, this was discussed (among other threads) here:

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,47946.0.html

But now, I'm seeing this:

With decent LFs and low CI:

And (amazingly) running High Density seats (at least on this route)...

How is this possible ??

LemonButt

He has the 9th highest CI in the game and everything is relative, so I'm guessing that the game is saying he has a high CI and therefore getting the pax.  I assume he also slashed prices significantly to do it.

I believe magic carpets are still possible, but much more difficult to pull off than it used to be.  I believe the CF demand is processed individually, so if there is 1000 C demand and only 1000 C seats avail, they get used up.  If there are 2000 C seats avail, then frequency kicks in and the pax are spread out as required.  My guess is his magic carpets will work until competition shows up and the game starts allocating based on frequency.  If there are 20 flights/day and 1000 C demand, then it will get spread out 50 per flight and he's going to be flying with 20% load factors.

ezzeqiel

Quote from: LemonButt on December 19, 2013, 08:05:56 PM
He has the 9th highest CI in the game and everything is relative, so I'm guessing that the game is saying he has a high CI and therefore getting the pax.  

That could be a reason...

as for the demand/offer, I don't think it's affecting too much... this is my flight on that route

I get 54% on regular prices, and Premium seating vs high density in a 8hs flight... high density penalty should be kicking hard there... my CI is 26 ranked #29 (not so far)... RI could be affecting, but according to sami, magic carpets are discouraged thru CI...

As for the price slashes, he is top 3rd in revenue in the game; he probably has some discounts around, but I don't think he's very low on that area...

Infinity

This only works because it is LHR and the route is incredibly underserved.