Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Using logos and brands of defunct airlines  (Read 2012 times)

Offline tcrlaf

• Members
Re: Using logos and brands of defunct airlines
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 07:28:10 AM »
For historical accuracy though, the airline should have been based at Midway (KMDW/MDW)   :P

Uhhh, NO...
To be historically accurate, it should be based in Indianapolis-IND. The new Midfield Terminal we can't afford was justified based on ATA running 100+ jet flights a day out of it. OOPS....

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 07:30:12 AM »
yea they sucked i worked for them up to the crash

Was valujet that bad? I never flew them, but I work for WN and have flown both FL and WN frequently over the last 14 years. I have never had a bad experience on FL and have always thought their staff was very friendly and helpful.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline tcrlaf

• Members
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 07:36:29 AM »
Was valujet that bad? I never flew them, but I work for WN and have flown both FL and WN frequently over the last 14 years. I have never had a bad experience on FL and have always thought their staff was very friendly and helpful.

Critter was a good airline, but they got KILLED after the Florida crash by media know-nothings yacking about "old aircraft". I was in STL that day, and when I heard the wench that started this say that on CNN, I looked around in amazement and said, "If you want to see the oldest fleet in North America, just look out the damned window!" (TWA)

Offline tcrlaf

• Members
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 07:44:11 AM »
So the Valujet team bought the Orlando-based Jet Charter operation, called "Airtran" (Air Transportation Inc.) from Mesaba, who was getting heat from NWA and it's unions about flying bigger jets.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 07:45:44 AM »
Critter was a good airline, but they got KILLED after the Florida crash by media know-nothings yacking about "old aircraft". I was in STL that day, and when I heard the wench that started this say that on CNN, I looked around in amazement and said, "If you want to see the oldest fleet in North America, just look out the damned window!" (TWA)

That makes more sense. With the WN/FL integration, all FL employees had to go to WN training. Up here in KCLE, we trained all KCAK employees to they worked in KCLE for a couple weeks before going to KDAL for formal training. None of them had anything bad to say about FL, and most loved their jobs and were proud of their Airline.

Re: Mainstream media and airline accidents, the need to jump to conclusions and be the first to report a "probable cause" makes all reporters look like total idiots. Sadly, many take their words as gospel and assume airline x and aircraft Y are terrible because of terribly inaccurate reporting.
CEO PacAir

Offline [ATA] b757capt

• Members
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 07:46:23 AM »
If this was RL the publicity off of this thread would have generated some mad CI points!

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 07:50:53 AM »
AirTran was bought from Southwest yes. Airtran is NOT ATA jesus christ.

ATA; aka American Trans Air is a charter airline founded in Indianapolis in 1973. FAA Callsign: AmTran

AirTran; aka AirTran Airways is a regular pax airline that was founded by the AirTran corporation and started service in Orlando. ValuJet bought AirTran Corporation in 1997. Since Valujet sucked and had so many problems, they merged and became AirTran a few years later. Callsign: Citrus.

TWO DIFFERENT AIRLINES. But nice try.

It is amazing how many people even within WN dont know the difference between the two. I still hear people, even friends that I assume some of my nerd would have worn off on, refer to FL as ATA....
CEO PacAir

Offline tcrlaf

• Members
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 07:51:56 AM »
Hearing the CNN wonkette say that, while looking out the window at TWA's DC9-10's, 727's, and 20 year-old 762-ER's was a bit perplexing.

alexis08

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2013, 08:00:15 AM »
the flight crews were awesome but maint was crappy i was a ramp agent i seen  just bout everthing i gave a statement to the ntsb when they close us down figure somebody had to

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »
Critter is also the airline that made CAK what it is today. I remember flying in there as a kid in the 90s before that big gate extension was added and their Dc93 was the biggest plane there by a rather large factor.

More than anything, it was a low cost carrier rebirth of EA, and now most of the execs have moved onto G4.

Offline tcrlaf

• Members
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 04:54:41 PM »
Critter is also the airline that made CAK what it is today. I remember flying in there as a kid in the 90s before that big gate extension was added and their Dc93 was the biggest plane there by a rather large factor.

More than anything, it was a low cost carrier rebirth of EA, and now most of the execs have moved onto G4.

Not really..
Kiwi International was the attempted Eastern rebirth. Eastern pilots, Eastern execs, Ex-Eastern 72's, ex-Eastern ATL gates, etc. LOVED Kiwi, and the fresh-baked cookies. Delta and New York Air made sure they died a quick death.

alexis08

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 08:30:39 PM »
they did

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2013, 08:50:28 PM »
Not really..
Kiwi International was the attempted Eastern rebirth. Eastern pilots, Eastern execs, Ex-Eastern 72's, ex-Eastern ATL gates, etc. LOVED Kiwi, and the fresh-baked cookies. Delta and New York Air made sure they died a quick death.

Which EA execs? I see it was EA Pilot driven with ex-LH 727's... sure, they probably used the C concourse at ATL, but J7 was growing like a weed in those C gates at the same time...

Joe Leonard is the EA exec off the top of my head was involved with the Critter, but there were a handful of others that I can't seem to remember right now...

Offline [ATA] b757capt

• Members
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 11:55:31 PM »
Which EA execs? I see it was EA Pilot driven with ex-LH 727's... sure, they probably used the C concourse at ATL, but J7 was growing like a weed in those C gates at the same time...

Joe Leonard is the EA exec off the top of my head was involved with the Critter, but there were a handful of others that I can't seem to remember right now...

Forklift joe? Lol

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.