Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Launch variants of a new aircraft all at the same time  (Read 615 times)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
[-] Launch variants of a new aircraft all at the same time
« on: December 16, 2013, 12:48:31 PM »
I would like to see new planes launch with all variants at the same time.

We have seen it now with the 787, and also with the A350: It launches with the smallest member of the family, -8/-800, respecitvely; and as soon as that happens people order ridiculous amounts of them and block the production line for 10 years or what, so that the more attractive larger variants will get delivered just before the game ends.
If the 787 would launch with -8/-9 at the same time, and A350 with -800/-900 and -1000 at the same time, that woulnd't be so annoying.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:35:39 PM by sami »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Launch variants of a new aircraft all at the same time
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 02:07:36 PM »
The settings are placed under what has happened in real life (added with the sim randomization, but still keeping the real life sequence on them), and I don't see that it should be changed.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
In real life, they were launched together, if I am not very much mistaken.

At least regarding the A350 I am 100% certain that Airbus with Qatar Airways launched all 3 variants on day one - no staggering happened.

I am not asking for anything in the mechanics of launching being changed, I am just asking for them to be tied together and launched on the same day so we can avoid this ridiculous flooding with the base variants.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »
737-6/7/8 launched simultaneously (-9 followed ~ a year later), 787-8/9 launched simultaneously (-1 launched late 2013), A350-8/9/1 launched simultaneously. Only the in service dates vary. These are the only types that I know of which had multiple variants launch on day one and I agree it would be nice to have them available to order as such. Simply make the EIS date consistent with real life for the different variants.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »
IMO I'd like to see aircraft launched +/- 5 years instead of +/- 18 months.  The 18 months provides a bit of uncertainty, but no one really changes their fleet strategy because of an 18 month swing--we all know what's coming and when.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 04:54:14 AM »
IMO I'd like to see aircraft launched +/- 5 years instead of +/- 18 months.  The 18 months provides a bit of uncertainty, but no one really changes their fleet strategy because of an 18 month swing--we all know what's coming and when.

In addition to that, I want A/C specs to be different from RL with like 20% changes in Range, Fuel consume. It's pretty amusing if everyone all waits for A320-200 to find it has 20% less range and burn 20% more fuel than the current specs

Online Tim

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »
Or, finally let us convert existing orders to new a/c type! As it is in real world!

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 05:17:48 PM »
737-6/7/8 launched simultaneously (-9 followed ~ a year later)

Did not find any other info than first ("launch") order for 600 was in March 1995 and the 700 was made available already in 1994. But if the 600 was already offered earlier, don't know. And in game settings those have separate launches too I see...

Like I said, the data is based on what has happened in reality and there are no plans to change that concept. But newer models may lack data (or there may be other errors too, as usual...), since it was collected before A350 was fully available etc.. So data can be updated of course (rather simple config file for this), but no other changes are needed...

Offline [ATA] b757capt

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 01:32:19 AM »
Or, finally let us convert existing orders to new a/c type! As it is in real world!

I second this!!!

How about being able to move up in the order queue when slots are open. Maybe you pay more for earlier delivery slots?

dasherhalo

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 02:41:52 AM »
I second this!!!

How about being able to move up in the order queue when slots are open. Maybe you pay more for earlier delivery slots?

I like the portability on orders between variants, but "paying more for earlier slots" is 100% going to make the rich richer (and more quickly), and the poor wait longer....
Those who can afford it won't care about the premium.

Offline TimmyTopper

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 10:13:37 AM »
In addition to that, I want A/C specs to be different from RL with like 20% changes in Range, Fuel consume. It's pretty amusing if everyone all waits for A320-200 to find it has 20% less range and burn 20% more fuel than the current specs

This is a great idea, would add much more variety to the game

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.