Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Allow Leased Aircraft to be sent to Long Term Storage  (Read 233 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] Allow Leased Aircraft to be sent to Long Term Storage
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:33:20 AM »
Quite honestly, I see no reason to disallow leased aircraft to be parked in the desert. In game, there are plenty of use cases, including when you over commit to a long lease and then later change strategy to eliminate that fleet type. When there's 10+ years to go on the lease, its not always feasible to return a few dozen frames with cash on hand. I would suggest that the frame would be required to be C/D checked before being returned in this scenario (i.e. when there's 80 days remaining on the lease, a D check is triggered so its fresh when it returns).

There's plenty of cases where this done in the real world, AA being a recent example that got around to discharging the leases on their A306R's that had been parked out in Victorville for years....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:33:17 PM by sami »

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
Re: Allow Leased Aircraft to be sent to Long Term Storage
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 05:53:43 AM »
I agree, it makes sense. Another reason for having leased planes in store is to prepare for a new base opening.
LA

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.