Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] The dreaded slot issue  (Read 383 times)

Offline Sulton123

• Members
[-] The dreaded slot issue
« on: December 14, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »
Hi All

I have an idea, i doubt it would be that popular but will throw it out there anyway

i believe that you should only be allowed to setup in the same base country once every 3 game worlds, that will allow smaller players and players who really need the experience an opportunity to have a go at airports like LHR?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:47:01 PM by sami »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: The dreaded slot issue
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 10:34:33 PM »
None but one of the players who were based at LHR in this game were in LHR ever before, or in a very long time at least. The one who has been there before never got big and quit eventually.
Same in the last game, and that before. You seem to suffer under the illusion that it's always the same players in LHR. Well, it's not.

Your suggestion is absolutely not a solution to the problem, not even close to useful.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:09:51 PM »
No one needs the experience of being based at LHR.  I've been playing for years and never have.  Basing at LHR is like having a second wife.  It would be interesting to have a gameworld with infinite slots though.  Everyone could base at LHR and we can watch the chips fall.  The main reasons airlines at LHR are so successful is the large CF demand and near zero competition due to the slot restrictions.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 12:08:36 PM »
I've not had SLOT problems flying into Heathrow for O/night stops. A bit of searching sometimes maybe, that's all.
For some of the scenarios the gradual building of new, or development of, airports should be modelled when time permits.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »
Players should and will be freely allowed to choose their HQ/base, no changes planned to that

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: [-] The dreaded slot issue
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »
Maybe disallowing HQ at LHR (but allowing bases) for 1 game world (or until City Based Demand) would just make this issue go away...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »
Maybe that could be tested ..

A new game world with alternate set of rules, think it has been proposed somewhere before, and it would be soon time for a new mini-world anyway. (but have to be something else too, not just that)

But anyway, for 'proper' worlds there won't be any hq/basing restrictions.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 03:17:35 PM »
On top of my list for alternative rules for a mini-game world would be removal of the randomness of the demand.  That would certainly attract the tinkerers among the players.

Another might be a jet-only subset of aircraft

This feature request, postponing international LH to start with might be an interesting one to try in a mini-game world:
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,46457.0.html

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.