Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: LF Do not equal demand  (Read 644 times)

Offline MartinaTorres

• Members
LF Do not equal demand
« on: December 14, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »
I am flying various routes to Europe with none or little over demand in a 777-300, they have an average of 33%-55%

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: LF Do not equal demand
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 11:12:27 PM »
You need RI and CI to fill big planes.Fly daily, wait for RI climb.More marketing for RI.

Offline MartinaTorres

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:46:12 PM »
Both my Route Image and Company image are at 100.. There is nothing to do? There is no competition..

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 04:40:20 AM »
Need more info and/or pics. Which routes? All of them, or only a few particular ones? Some of your routes, e.g. SKCL-LEMD will probably have low LFs on the return flight, because you have two return flights on a Sunday, none on a Tuesday, so you're offering almost 700 seats for maybe 400 demand on the Sunday. Are your prices at default, or significantly above? Have you added HD seats for some reason?

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 12:03:24 PM »
As a new operator myself i find you really have to drop your prices to build demand for YOUR seats. You are competing with Coach and Rail. Once the demand builds to 80pc LF I try lifting prices by 5pc per real day, at 95% by 10 or 15 pc.
I check through the routes at least daily and I'm slowly learning which prices are limited by competition where there is a ceiling for prices where all your customers go with the rival as soon as your price tops theirs.
In-spite of all those staff you pay no-one can give you the price history, you have to do all that yourself. I'd recommend a pack of Card Index Cards so you can track each flight number pair.

Offline MartinaTorres

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 04:25:53 PM »
Could any of you be my mentor? i need some help overall..

Offline MartinaTorres

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »
Another example:

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 11:37:45 PM »
Can you post a picture of the route planning screen? Looks strange if you really have no competition and dont overserve...
Please also link the return leg planning screen (button is in near the open route button).

Offline MartinaTorres

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 12:29:44 AM »

It also got kinda of worst:

Happens in other routes like to Tokyo and Rionegro-Medellin, they are served in a 777-300ER
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:34:10 AM by MartinaTorres »

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 03:52:21 AM »
What kind of seat config you have on those 777?

At which time are their depart? If you put them too close to each other, LF will suffer

Could you go to Manage routes, filter only routes to that airport, and post the screenie here for us?

Thanks

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
#161 is only 10 minutes apart from #957.
#163 is only 30 minutes from #959.
#159 is ok on the outbound leg, but the return flight leaves at the exact same time as #956.

You need to make sure flights are 1 hour apart on those smaller routes. You're losing all those pax because you have flights too close together. High prices might also be a problem, but can't tell if you actually have them high.

Fix the timings, and those routes should be fine.

You're doing that quite a bit, not just on LH planes. #547 & #937 are EMBs 30 minutes apart on a 280 pax route. #487 & #1263 are only 5 minutes apart, #371 is a fill-in on your 767 that is also very close to both of those.

Rest of your airline looks ok, you're going to end BW with 250+ planes, multi-billion CV, even with those scheduling issues. Buying some of those planes instead of leasing everything and I assume now sitting on ~2 billion in cash would also have helped.

So basically, you've got most of the basics working, you need to pay a bit more attention to scheduling, not putting flights close together. You should also learn how to 7-day schedule, as it makes it much easier to avoid badly timed LH flights, helps your efficiency. And your current airline has quite a lot of longhaul, more than enough to be using it. Since you've got so much cash, and BW is mostly for learning, I'd actually suggest cancelling all of your LH routes, and then rebuilding all of them from scratch on good 7 day schedules.

Offline MartinaTorres

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 01:00:59 PM »
Thanks a lot! How should i do the 7 day schedule? I have lots of problems with this

Will start arranging all my longhaul flights ASAP  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.