Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: BANKRUPTCY  (Read 1591 times)

rickyricky101

• Former member
BANKRUPTCY
« on: December 12, 2013, 06:51:55 PM »
Both Fly Europe and Kelrick Airlines have/will declare bankruptcy,  this is a protest bankruptcy, there is no point trying to play with the slot rules the way they are....bring on the "quota" system sami, lets see how Mr Greedy PacAir can manage then.

You have all the slots Pac Air once again you are proven the superior player well done.

Signing off

Kelrick Airways

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: BANKRUPTCY
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 06:58:11 PM »
I love it....you are not skilled enough to compete with me so might as well close up shop.

Works for me....i'll gladly take your slots!
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 07:07:29 PM »
Oh I guarantee you will take all the slots...it's what you do.

Just to clarify for the world, you had 48% of the slots with $11 bil turnover, I had 13% of the slots with $10 bil turnover.

World you decide who had the more skill, slot grabber or airline manager!

I thought you'd like that move, things will be different (I hope if Sami is capable) when you actually have to manage an airline rather than just grabbing any and all slots to use them on some insignificant loss making routes.

Fly Europe will be doing the same I am told, you will be alone in LHR to count the profits well done once again.

I couldn't be arsed even bothering to stay online 24 hrs a day to get 7 slots while you take 200, have them all.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23:35 PM »
I couldn't be arsed even bothering to stay online 24 hrs a day to get 7 slots while you take 200.

And that without being on 24/7. Isn't that fun?

You made the mistake of going to LHR alone. LHR only works if you got a team in your back. That's how it is.

As for 'skill' - I don't know if there is any skill needed to play this game, but you made some pretty silly mistakes that would have drowned you long ago had you not been in LHR. Like flying 747s with 300 seats out of VIE.

I really don't want to bash you in any way, I get your criticism of the system, but the way you are reacting, and especially the way you are communicating that reaction, is that of an unbalanced teenager. So please don't be too abashed by our reaction to it, either.

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »
I am fully aware about the 747's out of Vienna, I know which routes are profitable, you don't have to patronise me.

Of course there is skill involved, but I do not think the "skill" should be slot grabbing, that degrades the magnificent game in to nothing more than an undignified feeding frenzy.

My point is and correct me if I am wrong, to maximize income with minimal expense.  (Aka business)

Running 48% of the slots with $11 bil income would appear to be adopting less skill to running 13% of slots with $10 bil income or am I mistaken?

I was pursaded to go Bankrupt, to make a statement.  Rest assured an airline with in excess of $40 billion assets, has the means to survive.

Statement made - Good luck to all who pick the bony carcass of LHR, as I declared the lone vulture had already descended.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »
Play at LHR and you should expect 1 or 2 very good long term players to also play from there as LHR is the #1 airport in this game....that was your downfall with your initial game strategy if you did not like playing and competing at the highest of levels

You have posted some valid points previously but now you are just starting to sound like a person that did not get their own way so have resorted to stomping your feet for attention.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:53:57 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline puma

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »
Hi, i just quit from playing.
I had a good airline but i was not having fun in playing anymore. I really think (my opinion only) that rules should change
specially on airport with few slots. What is the point of playing if the only thing i did was refreshing the slots page?

I know it is a game, and different from reality but i don't imagine any airline in LHR (let's say BA) being at the door of LHR, and beehive like crazy,  to get some slots...

My team members told me to be on skype channel to call me when slots were released. I did not...i refuse in a game, where is suppose to have fun, wake up in the middle of the night to buy slots.

This is my opinion and i was not happy with the game so i went way..That's it!!

Is it fun to win a game like this way? Not for me.     

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »
I know it is a game, and different from reality but i don't imagine any airline in LHR (let's say BA) being at the door of LHR, and beehive like crazy,  to get some slots...    

Actually Virgin got most of their initial slots to start up from BA by lobbying Govt, lobbying interest groups, questionable means, etc, etc .....so slots are hard to come by in RL at top airports as well

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »
As I said before, the easiest fix is to just give several of the slot constrained airports (LHR, FRA, CDG, HND etc) some extra slots, to match demand from those airports.  Strictly for playability reasons.  I don't mean unlimited, just more than they currently have.  Somewhere half way between what they currently have and what big US airports have.

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »
This would not work.  The issue is slot grabbing in bulk, this option would result in more slots being grabbed by the airline that grabs the majority.  The only solution is quota/rationing this would make airlines think about what the best routes to open.  Rather than the present, open any route just so that I get the slots mentality of certain airlines.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 09:40:35 PM »
Like I have mentioned before, a slot quota will be introduced at some point, max XX slots / week / airline, or that sort.

And as nice to know, routes from LHR in MT#9 that have been created since 2006-06-01 have used slots as follows (new or edited routes after this date; basically meaning new slots taken):

Code: [Select]
Airline ID    Number of slots taken
13 426
39 102
76 70
259 63
190 62
280 60
109 49
56 47
82 43
389 42
1040 42
94 42
961 42
1261 40
699 40
336 35
701 34
183 34
107 33
426 32
40 30
114 25
625 24
246 23
466 21
188 21
25 21
23 21
620 17
448 16
26 15
1434 14
226 14
396 14
1160 14
122 14
52 14
124 14
1139 14
194 12
205 12
1178 8
468 7
1708 7
560 7
261 7
377 7
1074 2
303 1

...still, yes the based airline has gotten a fair share of those but there were a total of 1760 slots made available, so not even a majority in this case.

(but for the actual discussion on improvement suggestions, please be sure to use the feature forum's slot thread, otherwise it's lost eventually)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:42:50 PM by sami »

Offline Herman

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »
As I said before, the easiest fix is to just give several of the slot constrained airports (LHR, FRA, CDG, HND etc) some extra slots, to match demand from those airports.  Strictly for playability reasons.  I don't mean unlimited, just more than they currently have.  Somewhere half way between what they currently have and what big US airports have.
Very good point. The slot issues that existed earlier on in the game at CDG, FRA and AMS were fixed by giving these airports a bit more slots. Those 3 airports have had plenty of slots available for many game years now. Do the same for LHR to a somewhat larger extent, and the issue is solved.

Such solution to this problem will be much better / easier than any other artificial limitation with quota or whatever. It provides the ability for airlines in future games to still become very big in their homebases, whilst also allowing all others to have a decent presence as well. It's really as simple as that.

Nobody will need to cry anymore ;)

Online schlaf

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 11:04:12 PM »
alot more slots is a much better solution than a quata-function. the game is gonna be so much more boring if you cant expand as much as you want..

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 11:24:07 PM »
alot more slots is a much better solution than a quata-function. the game is gonna be so much more boring if you cant expand as much as you want..

A slot quota will allow you to expand as much as you want--you will be able to spend money to expand your terminal/slot pool.  The difference is you will have an exclusive slot pool versus a single shared slot pool, so if you buy a slot it won't be at the detriment of other players.

Online schlaf

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 11:39:52 PM »
A slot quota will allow you to expand as much as you want--you will be able to spend money to expand your terminal/slot pool.  The difference is you will have an exclusive slot pool versus a single shared slot pool, so if you buy a slot it won't be at the detriment of other players.

according so Sami:

max XX slots / week / airline, or that sort.

Well time will tell..=)

Offline Minto Typhoon

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 11:52:43 PM »
All slots to make a daily service gone within a week.   Apologies for sleeping in Asia!  >:(

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 12:11:10 AM »
Increasing slots dropped at LHR will just end up with somebodies fleet to include flying 500 ATR's or such from there.
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 01:04:57 AM »
Every gameworld LHR always seems a hot topic... it's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last..
I've played LHR in one of the JA games and must say it wasn't fun.. It pretty much becomes a job rather than a game.

Personally I wouldnt be too upset if LHR was an airport we could only fly into and have no1 based there. Slots would probably still run out but more of a chance to pick up some new ones when airlines BK. That would be one way of erradicating this issue but then there are always people who like the constant slot monitoring job and want to be based in LHR, So I can't see it happen.

people who chose LHR should know in advance that they will be up against it.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 01:12:28 AM »
Personally I wouldnt be too upset if LHR was an airport we could only fly into and have no1 based there.

That's also a good idea.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 02:08:39 AM »
Very good point. The slot issues that existed earlier on in the game at CDG, FRA and AMS were fixed by giving these airports a bit more slots. Those 3 airports have had plenty of slots available for many game years now. Do the same for LHR to a somewhat larger extent, and the issue is solved.

Doesn't LHR in MT9 has way more slots than last MT8? However, demand also increase a lot ??? I didn't recall JFK route have more than 6000 demand daily, and now it has like 13000. Same deal with LAX, EWR, MIA, ORD, IAD, and some other USA major airports  :-\

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.