Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Dynamic Scrapping Prices  (Read 235 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[-] Dynamic Scrapping Prices
« on: December 12, 2013, 05:47:58 AM »
Since the game mechanics are moving in a way that it would be more encouraged to scrap aircraft rather than hang on to them when they're no longer needed, I think it would make sense to adjust the economics of aircraft scrapping depending on a few factors - 1. the age of the aircraft 2. the current global fleet of the aircraft (representing the market for spare parts) 3. As an extension of 2, succesor/predecessor relationships (i.e. Mad Dogs to DC9s, etc)

This simulates some of the interesting economic decisions by leasors where some fairly new F9 A318's were beer canned at the age of 6 due to their relative uneconomic profile and the market value of the spare parts derived from the frame - lessors saw more money in that instead of placing it  a new operator.I think there were a few 736's that met their fates early as well.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:48:39 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Dynamic Scrapping Prices
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »
Scrap price already depends on the age of the plane etc, but I don't see the need to overly complicate it from what it is now. (= scrapping is intended to be the last option)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.