Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Aircraft returned from lease sent to long term storage  (Read 772 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] Aircraft returned from lease sent to long term storage
« on: December 12, 2013, 03:44:11 AM »
Since it is a common practice within the game to annoy the lessor of an aircraft by returning it with just days to spare on C/D checks so they get hosed by automagically checking the frame when it returns to their fleet, I figure this could be alleviated by sending it to long term storage as it isn't like the airline is actively using it. Then, when it becomes time to market it again on the market, they can check it (if needed) and send it back to the flea market...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:23:42 PM by sami »

ucfknightryan

• Former member
Re: Aircraft returned from lease sent to long term storage
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:53:52 AM »
I like this idea, D-checking an aircraft you want to scrap sucks.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 05:28:15 AM »
Agree totally

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 02:27:29 PM »
+1

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:54:32 PM »
I just had a lessee go bankrupt sending 3 planes back to me in poor condition with expired d checks. These were destined for the scrapper, but now I'm out millions in checks that scrap value won't even pay for.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 04:06:26 PM »
This would be a good feature, together with a similar system as "no lease extension for this aircraft" - at activated auto C- and D-Check you could deny this automatic check on individual frames.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »
Or simply change the automatically perform heavy maintenance setting to only do it on scheduled aircraft.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 05:05:42 PM »
Or simply change the automatically perform heavy maintenance setting to only do it on scheduled aircraft.

Not sure I'd like this. I often have a number of planes sitting around at any given time and I'd like them to be available to fly on short notice (i.e. a slot drop) where the slots would get lost if I had to wait on a C/D check to occur before flying the route.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 05:07:49 PM »
Not sure I'd like this. I often have a number of planes sitting around at any given time and I'd like them to be available to fly on short notice (i.e. a slot drop) where the slots would get lost if I had to wait on a C/D check to occur before flying the route.

The proposed alternative of sending the aircraft to long term storage doesn't make it available to fly on short notice either...

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 05:23:33 PM »
The proposed alternative of sending the aircraft to long term storage doesn't make it available to fly on short notice either...

Correct, but if you have a plane leased out, for say, 15 years, and it comes bouncing back to you on year 2, you probably weren't planning on flying it anytime soon. If it comes back with fresh checks, then pulling from long term storage takes a couple of game days (no longer than a seat config), so that's not much of an issue. Generally if you lease a plane out, it means you don't plan on flying it (as you make peanuts by leasing compared to flying it).

Offline [ATA] b757capt

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 02:39:41 AM »
+1

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.