Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: So when exactly does frequency matter?  (Read 535 times)

Offline Tiberius

• Members
So when exactly does frequency matter?
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:05:39 AM »
I have an uncontested route due to a recent bankruptcy.  I try to have 65 or 60 minutes space between frequency, but I could easily double.  Is there a penalty for departure times close together? If so what is it?

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: So when exactly does frequency matter?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
Yes, there is. Usually you are on the safe side if you keep one hour, only with huge demand (in the thousands) you may schedule closer. If you donīt observe this, your two flights are counted as one and PAX numbers shrink to half each flight. That even happens if you accidently change gap from one hour to 55 minutes ,as I just observed.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:03:55 PM »
I have an uncontested route due to a recent bankruptcy.  I try to have 65 or 60 minutes space between frequency, but I could easily double.  Is there a penalty for departure times close together? If so what is it?

You are always good with 60 minutes spacing (watch the return flight though if you have multiple plane types with different speeds/turn times on the route). The higher the demand on a route, the lower you can go.
North of 2,000 demand per day, it is safe to go to 30 minutes. On routes with 10,000 demand you can even go to 5-10 minutes.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:45:56 AM »
North of 2,000 demand per day, it is safe to go to 30 minutes. On routes with 10,000 demand you can even go to 5-10 minutes.

2500 is not good enough for 30 mins, apparently

Too bad, I've never experience a route with demand of 10,000. It seems there's a cap of 40 routes, so one can't flood the route with 100 F100s

Offline Tiberius

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 03:55:40 AM »
~2400 on Honolulu to Hilo is the route in question. Any verdict on what the numbers and times are? If I double I would have at least three flights at 30 minutes apart. Also would have some 40-45 minute separation. I don't wanna leech off my own routes but also don't want to drop wide bodies or 321's.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 03:58:44 AM »
40 minutes would be my default spacing for a route where all days are over 2k

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.