Send aircraft removed from market to long term storage

Started by schro, December 10, 2013, 05:49:23 AM

schro

So, the way that I am reading the current announcement about the storage/market shenanigans that are going down is that planes that have expired MX will be removed from an airline's plane listing and returned to their operational fleet due to the expired MX. This doesn't make sense because the frame will essentially end up getting auto-checked the next game day and cost the player money (of course, the initial implementation will result in a ton of butthurt if not mitigated somehow). Therefore, I propose that if the player elects not to check the plane while it is on the market, that the auto-removal will send the plane into long term storage on an automagic basis. This will prevent unwanted checks from being performed on the plane and provide a way to clean up the market.

Zombie Slayer

+1...make it easier to manage maintenance on aircraft for sale.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Air Catalunya

Yes this would be way easier. This "improvement" should be call "how to loose time uselessly"...
Come on, this game already needs time to be played correctly... do we really need to add things such as this "market notifications"...
You can easily spend 30 minutes to replace 50 planes on the market....
:/

11Air

I go for that as the eventual option to SCRAP becomes more attractive.

11Air

An additional request please Sami.
in the Aircraft Basic Data page for a leased aircraft there is no indication of the lease expiry date so I can't determine whether to keep the plane, or auto-stop the lease before the next 'C' or 'D' maintenance is due without chopping through several pages.  Hope it's a simple mod when you have time.