Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: More dynamic pricing for used aircraft  (Read 277 times)

Offline Lambert_M

• Members
More dynamic pricing for used aircraft
« on: December 08, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »
I am playing in Jet Age #8 right now, and there is a problem at the used A/C-market that made me think there could be a better way of pricing the planes to ensure more of them are sold. In this game world, there are now a lot of planes just sitting there. Nobody´s leasing them, and nobody´s buying them. This problem could be alleviated by introducing one or both of the following suggestions:

1. Pricing

Players should have the option, when listing their planes for sale, to check a box called something like: "Automatic price reduction". It could work something like this: As the plane gets older, it´s value is reduced. But to lower the selling price accordingly, the player has to remove the plane from the used market and then re-enlist it with a lower price. Also, the longer the plane has been on the market, the less demand there is for that specific plane type. So if there is low demand, that should be reflected in the selling price. The game engine could do the math, let´s say once a month of game time, and automatically reduce the price 10% or something if you still haven´t been able to attract any interest from potential buyers. This would increase the likelihood of acquiring a sale, and also reflect what goes on in real life. If an airline is unsuccessful in selling a plane, they will undoubtedly lower the price at some point to increase interest. The lower limit could be set to the income generated by scrapping the plane for example, so not too many planes would end up going for free.

2. Automatic maintenance checks

There should also be an option to tick a box called "Automatic maintenance checks". A lot of planes on the used market are "red listed", meaning they have expired C or D-checks. No one will buy these planes unless they are desperate, the price is very low and the extra cost of doing the checks is worthwhile. So would´t it be better if a player could have the option of doing A, B, C and D-checks as normal even if the plane is for sale? In which case, the plane will be "green" in the used market lists, and other players would´t be so reluctant to lease/buy if the planes had fresh maintenance checks.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: More dynamic pricing for used aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:31:09 AM »
Good idea, speaking as someone who has hundreds of planes up for lease, this would add great value to smaller players (better availability of affordable aircraft) and the players selling (higher rate of leased out aircraft, faster sales) alike since there is no way I could ever bring up the time to manually lower prices continuously.

Offline JJP

• Members
Re: More dynamic pricing for used aircraft
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 04:22:11 PM »
The auto pricing for planes on sale would be a very useful feature. 

I recently have found that, when I initially place an aircraft on sale, the game does not allow me to discount it much.  However, after the plane has been on sale for only a couple months of game time, I can reduce the sale price by ~50%.  I'm not sure why this is, but it would be nice to check a box that says something like, "Automatically reduce price to lowest possible". 

Automatic maintenance checks for planes on sale has been added!   :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.