Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: B767 is out - Early customers are fooled  (Read 518 times)

Offline mramelet

• Members
B767 is out - Early customers are fooled
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:16:50 PM »
767 are finally out, but unfortunately, it came out during the week end, where I didn't connect.
ETA : 1983, but when I logged on monday morning, all slots were taken until April 1986. Well too bad I thought, so I ordered 20, to be delivered from April 1986 to August 1987.
But what did I just see? The number of frames have increased dramatically, probably due to the popularity. Fine...
So now we have slots open in December 1983!
And a lot of slots in 1984 and 1985.
And what about myself? Well, 1st frame still to be delivered in 1986.
I don't think this is really fair!
Shouldn't the early customers take advantage as well of this production rate increase? Maybe don't move all production earlier, but have them more spread (ie starting earlier). Now if I try to order more frames, obviously, I will have deliveries after 1987...
No way I can use these earlier slots.

Offline ANstar

• Members
Re: B767 is out - Early customers are fooled
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »
I had a similar issue with the 757.  I thought the system checked and moved the orders forward but mine havent  :-[

Offline 11Air

• Members
Re: B767 is out - Early customers are fooled
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 01:35:09 PM »
Real world works on advance orders to help cover the design and build costs. For a couple of big customers to block out the first years of build is normal but maybe the manufacturer would rather accept pre-orders for small quantities from a large number of airlines as the Guarantee to their Stock Holders and Bank that this design is a good one. Indeed, in the real world production would not even begin to start without an order being in place.
How about it Sami, or would this leave us only with Boeing Products? But maybe small batch pre-orders?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.