Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Tech stops visible on route map  (Read 359 times)

Hwoarang

• Former member
Tech stops visible on route map
« on: December 02, 2013, 09:38:51 PM »
Hi all,

With my airline I'm operating mainly domestic flights and I do have some routes operating with a tech stops. However, I would like to see these stops on the route map. Currently it looks like if the routes are operated directly, but I would love to see the stop tech airport visible on the route map. This will remind me to "upgrade" flights to direct flights when I have new aircraft with enough range and also make visible if the tech stop airport is a logic choice. I tend to make errors in choosing a tech stop airport, making the flight duration longer than it needs to be (tech stop nog on flight path...).

Hope this is possible and simple to add...

Thank you in advance!

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Tech stops visible on route map
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 09:13:44 PM »
If I remember correctly, there was a time when tech stops were shown...

But at this time, the tech stops are so badly crippled that they are being used a lot less.

On one hand, tech stops (and frequency) were abused, in a way that 2 smaller planes with tech stop would outcompete a bigger aircraft flying non-stop.

The "solution" was not to adjust pax allocation, greatly favoring non-stop flight over tech stop flight, the solution was to have a huge penalty for all tech stop flights.  Meaning, if you are the only airline serving a route with a flight with refueling stop, (no non-stop competition), you still get penalized...

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 11:03:46 PM »
If I remember correctly, there was a time when tech stops were shown...
I had the same feeling and that's why I requested it ;)

But at this time, the tech stops are so badly crippled that they are being used a lot less.
Indeed, but I still use them and would like to see it back at the route map. Currently the routes are shown as a straight line, but I can't see if the tech stop airport is on that line either, I have to guess if that's soo. And also, now I'm getting in aircraft which have the range to operate the flights directly, I can easily see which routes aren't direct yet. Don't want to go through the long list of my routes in search for flights with a tech stop...

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 04:29:43 AM »
I had the same feeling and that's why I requested it ;)

There definitely was, I remember the absolutely insane fan of 757 routes I had from LAX thru Gander in the Alliance challenge world  :laugh:  Looked like something out of Missile Command  :laugh:

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 05:26:12 AM »
I tend to make errors in choosing a tech stop airport, making the flight duration longer than it needs to be (tech stop nog on flight path...).

May I suggest the Great Circle Mapper? www.gcmap.com You can use it to plot your tech stops before you schedule them.

Click on Map at the top, then in the "Paths" box put the route without a tech stop, then on the next line the route with the tech stop. Change units to Nautical Miles, then click "Draw Map".

For example:
LAX-LHR
LAX-CLE-LHR

...will show you two lines so you can see how close your tech stop is to the normal flight path.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.