Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: The Best But Cheapest Plane?  (Read 314 times)

• Former member
The Best But Cheapest Plane?
« on: November 25, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »
Antonov An-38-200   

I Own Manchester Airlines And We Have A Running Fleet Of 2 Planes.

• BAe Jetstream 31
    BAe Jetstream 41

And Another 2 Planes Being Delivered In June. Which Are Both.

• Bombardier CRJ200LR

3 Of Them Are On Lease And The Jetstream 41 Is Officially Mine.

Now My Question Is What Is The Best All-Round Plane That Is Reltivly Cheap To Lease?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: The Best But Cheapest Plane?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »
The cheapest plane is usually the most expensive plane because they burn the most fuel.  If you're looking for cheap aircraft, anything Russian will be much cheaper than other options, but they will drive up your operating costs as they will burn 2x the fuel.  Really you should be getting aircraft based on your strategy and using the right aircraft for the routes you want to fly.  The aircraft you mentioned shouldn't be flown more than 500nm, for example.  So really the answer to your question is there isn't really an answer :)

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 07:31:49 PM »
What do you mean by "allround plane?" Do you look for a model that is piston-,turboprop- and jetfan-driven at the same time, suited to transport 1 or 300 people 50-5000 miles for the same operational costs and is abundant and cheap on used market ? Sorry, but without any idea about your company goals and fleet politics you canīt expect any answer that would really help you.
There is an important rule for newcomer airlines you already start to break : keep your fleet lean ! Every new type adds costs for maintenance not additionally, but exponentially.
You already ordered two types that generally serve the same task: small short routes. If you plan to also serve other markets you need yet another plane. I would apply for a mentor who can better lead you through your first steps.

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 08:13:33 PM »
Thanks Just Applied!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.