Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Scraping aircraft  (Read 438 times)

Online ANstar

• Members
Scraping aircraft
« on: November 24, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »
So currently we can't scrap aircraft until they reach a certain age... not 100% sure what it is but is there any chance there can be a rethink in this rule?

Surely scrapping an aircraft should be the decision of the airline and it shouldn't matter if it is 5 years old or 12 years old.  I have 2 727's that no one is going to buy that have been on the used market at lowest possible cost for 2 years... I would much rather just scrap them as there is no demand for them.

And don't get me started on all the aircraft with expired d checks etc from peanut airlines on the used market that will never get sold.

Sami please have a rethink -especially for this longer game world where fleets will rollover a few times.

Offline JJP

• Members
Re: Scraping aircraft
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 11:17:06 PM »
I agree with this.  Or, at the least, we could sell them to the NPC leasing companies.

Offline spiff23

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 03:16:36 AM »
Scrapping age is 15 years.  However I did get a plane back from a bankrupt leasee and it was in such bad shape the system let me scrap it early (off topic, but think this discussed elsewhere and a great enhancement).

I think what would make sense  is for the first generation jets to have a lower scrap age if that is feasible to program.  For example, maybe the Caravelles I, II, III, the Early Comets, first 707s, DC8 -10/20 could be 8 years as these are almost obsolete by the first D check.  That way-theoretically-you wouldn't have 2 pages of DC-8-10 & 20s to scroll through if folks actually scrapped them.

Maybe the next gen  planes like the HS 1C, Caravelle N, Dc-8 30/40. are set at 10-12 years.  Then I'd think 15 years is reasonable for the planes that come out by the late 1960s and have reasonable operating costs.

Not sure about the 737-100 and 727-100, could fall in 10-12 years, but realistically real airlines flew these things close to 25-30 years.   united was flying their 727-100s well into 1990s and I flew a Continetal 737-100 originally delivered to Lufthansa in 1990s and it had a back left door that was actually stairs that folded up into the cabin :o.  I think delta is still flying a few remaining 40+ year old NW DC-9s...although not advocating that.   :laugh:

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 05:03:24 PM »
This might run counter to the intent for this request for storage fees on idle aircraft.,49005.0.html

If there was an overabundance of "first gen" aircraft in the used market (e.g. DC6 models) then early scrapping probably won't make a difference.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.