Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: NRT routes with significant (negative) demand difference  (Read 365 times)

Offline spiff23

• Members
NRT routes with significant (negative) demand difference
« on: November 23, 2013, 02:28:23 PM »
I know each new airport always has a few routes that go from fly-able/profitable to questionable in airport switches.  wanted to point out in case a bug vs. a game "challenge" to keep us paying attention ;D

For me MCO-NRT  seems to have  fallen into questionable as it supported a DC10 Orlando to Haneda and now is significant oversupply without blocking.  LOads also dropped by well over 100 pax a day.  Unfortunately no screenshot from before the switch.

• Former member
Re: NRT routes with significant (negative) demand difference
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 02:35:53 PM »
Seems similar to my report here,49370.0.html  where I received several "oversupply" messages on route to DAL when HOU migrated to IAH.  Once those routes transitioned from DAL to DFW later, they were back to "normal".

Online schro

• Members
Re: NRT routes with significant (negative) demand difference
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 05:23:19 AM »
The HND-NRT transition is one of the messiest in the entire game as the demand profiles between the two airports are vastly different. In most cases, HND based airlines don't survive the transition (doesn't matter whether they move to NRT or stay at HND) due to this as it takes a lot of work to fix schedules. In a lot of cases, DC10 viable routes into HND before NRT opens will not be viable (i.e. will drop to ~200/day demand) when NRT opens and the route is moved there...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.