Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why no new 787 ?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline exaz

• Members
Why no new 787 ?
« on: November 19, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
I wanted to build a LR fleet based on B 787s, but while there were a few used ones previously in the game, they have never been available  ???

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Why no new 787 ?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:13 PM »
Not enough new orders placed to keep production lines open.
If you want to keep a certain production line open then you need to place sufficient orders to keep it open when the "Production of Model XXX to Close' warning comes out

It seems that in your case the Production line may have been already closed when the GameWorld stared (or soon after), which would have been available on the New aircraft page to check.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:12:43 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 12:28:10 AM »
Well I think he knows how the system works, but that doesn't change if the 787 was never available to players.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 03:01:36 AM »
Game started in Nov 2013, compare aircraft page says all 3 versions of the 787 ended production in Aug 2015.

So they were available, they just didn't get ordered in time.

Offline half

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 06:30:08 PM »
Hi,

the problem is the game time is too fast to get them. When i was in the position to place orders for new planes they were going out. So i think that closing time needs to be reconsidered for the pace of the game.

I now have 3 787-3 that i cannot extend on and had to switch to 350 that are still produced. The problem for me is canceling them is a little steep in pricing so i have now 4 fleetgroups that i did not intent to have.

(i got the 787 from the used market before) i couldnt grab more because again they got scraped (what a shame for that plane with an age of 2....)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »
Even with 20 minute days, you get 60 RL hours between the announcement that a production line might close, and the announcement that it is closed. 2.5 days is plenty of time to order planes if you want them.

I suspect what was more of a problem is that the 6 month countdown started less than 18 months into the game, and the planes are very expensive, so those who ended up wanting to get them hadn't planned ahead in time, and simply didn't have the cash to order enough planes.

As for cancelling your existing leases being a little steep, how long did you originally lease them for? The discount for very long leases, especially from the used market, is almost never worth the loss of flexibility.

Offline half

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 08:38:50 PM »
You are right that i didnt have the money to do a buy at that time. I will still building up short and medium with 32x and MRJ. I then wanted a flexible plane to use in the overcrowded space to tokyo.

Thats when i started to get the 787 from the used market.

I usualy lease till the D check timeline. That is my prefered sollution. And all three had plenty of gap to that. 6-7 years. they will still run till 2021 so almost troughout.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.