Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Test 5  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Tias

• Members
Test 5
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:23:03 AM »
Is this a paying member playing the game or just a test airline manged by admins?

Sami?

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Test 5
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 09:41:55 AM »
It's a multiply paying member even  ;)

Offline Tias

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 04:21:31 AM »
It's a multiply paying member even  ;)

What exactly does that mean?

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 04:04:55 PM »
He was trolling you

That airline is operated by a paying player

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:19:55 PM »
He was trolling you

Not really, I just wanted to let Testiem know that his little secret isn't so secret. But yes, he is a paying member.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 05:03:56 PM »
Funny how in another thread, People go on about swinging wild accusations without providing evidence and then go on and do it themselves. Send some proof so that alliance managers & sami can take appropriate actions if required. Slinging mud doesn't help this game 1 bit and will be a reason why many people will be discouraged from continuing to play. Especially the ones who were accused and found not to be guilty!

I think it's time to stop all this childish BS and finger pointing and let the authorities deal with any issues in the background and take appropriate action when violations occur... (& name and shame them then)

Sami could be spending more time on developing the game instead of monitoring and closing threads all the time, which would be much better to all of us.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 07:24:02 PM »
I couldn't care less and I don't accuse him of anything specific, just having some fun.

Offline testtiem

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 11:50:06 AM »
Not really, I just wanted to let Testiem know that his little secret isn't so secret. But yes, he is a paying member.

Can you please elaborate on my little secret? Because I would like to find it out as well. And as far as I know your alliance member Wile E Coyote, already checked one "secret" with Sami, so, maybe you could double check it with Sami, before expressing your doubts publicly. Otherwise it puts honorable managing member of the Elite alliance in the rank of the ranters, especially taking into account advertised good communication networks within the Elite- therefore it is highly doubtful, that two managing members of Elite, did not know what the other has done.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »
I did indeed check something with Sami Testiem at the start of the game as you know and we spoke about, and can confirm he dismissed any doubts. I think Saft refers to this and is just winding you up a little, please take with pinch of salt.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:15:58 PM by Wile E Coyote »
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline Tias

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 06:06:40 AM »
Wtf all of you are talking about? Take your highschool drama to your own alliance forums. I created this thread because I wasn't sure if that airline was a paying member or not. Either way its bulls***.

Test username and airline name is misleading and should not be allowed. Just grow a pair and play like a man.

I'm seriously getting sick of this childish cheatings, buggy software and drama.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:19:33 AM by Tias »

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 06:27:33 AM »
What bugs are you seeing?  Most of the bugs that are serious are fixed quickly.

Offline Tias

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 07:15:16 AM »
Randomization - This part is out of personal experience, I don't have any hard evidence since I'm not QA'ing it. But experience ranges from staff wage raises to demand calculations.

Allowing people to arrange time to swap slots illegally.
Not punishing people who cheats with slot swaps.
Allowing people to pick misleading airline and username.
Donkey routes.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 07:26:18 AM »
Randomization - This part is out of personal experience, I don't have any hard evidence since I'm not QA'ing it. But experience ranges from staff wage raises to demand calculations.

Donkey routes.

Please  ::) You can dream up any outrageous punishment you want, but the equivalent of 2 weeks income and the loss of 3 hours of prep work is more than enough punishment for an act that has happened multiple times in the past with not so much as a passing mention. I find it funny that you are still crying about the slot issue like a little betch, yet two posts back you talk about growing a pair and acting like men. Time to move on.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 07:49:58 AM »

Wage demands are not random.  There is a pattern to them.  And wage levels differ from country to country.

As far as actual demand, there is a 7 day pattern, which I am fine with.  There is further randomization, and I am not too crazy about that.  It adds unpredictability, but is the unpredictability really serving any purpose?  I don't think so.

As far as demand estimate, being kind of random, I don't think that is really achieving anything either.  You can call 10 times and average the numbers and get the real demand estimate.  It just adds server load if people call it at least 3 times, for no real gain.

And once you are flying the route, I think your airline knows with 100% certainty what the demand is, so at that point, why keep presenting randomized numbers to the player?

It is not illegal in real life.  Slots and gates get swapped, even traded for real money.  I think it should be perfectly legal in AWS, IMO.  It adds bit of a social dimension to the game, you are playing with or against real people, so why not allow negotiation between players?  It makes it for a more fun game.  More fun that staring at a spreadsheet...

I hope that some crybabies will not ruin this dimension of the game completely...

Oh please....  That's BS.

I think you were the only one who feels mislead...  The only test airline in the game is if Sami runs it, and he stays out of the way, in small airports where nobody wants to base at.

Offline Tias

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 07:55:41 AM »
I ain't crying about any s***. I'm stating facts. As I mentioned in my previous post, take your childish BS to your alliance forum. I'm not part of any alliance, I'm not religiously defending anyone, and I don't give the slightest f*** who you are.

I am a paying member, like yourself, and I'm stating the the obvious flaws in the game. You can state any drama -"friends don't betray each other", or "he was aiming to beat me and failed so he fold" etc... you're free to say whatever you want, but this thread is not the place. Again! Take your bs to your alliance forum.

If you don't think what you've done was wrong, why are you in this very random thread trying to defend yourself?

And I don't care if it happened before. I was able to drive after 2 beers, but now I can't because it includes jail time. Do you think I'd be able to defend myself saying "oh well it was ok before..." wtf?

If you don't have anything to say about "Test" move along!

Offline Tias

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 08:29:29 AM »
Wage demands are not random.  There is a pattern to them.  And wage levels differ from country to country.

Yes, I understand them, but if your staff doesn't request raise for 3 years (happened in MT8) while you're growing, and then they want raise every 6 months (in MT9) you start to question things. When I say randomization I literally mean the big picture. Demand, aircraft size calculation, staff etc. In my experience all decision are too random. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any randomization, but I think what we got is out of hand atm.

As far as actual demand, there is a 7 day pattern, which I am fine with.  There is further randomization, and I am not too crazy about that.  It adds unpredictability, but is the unpredictability really serving any purpose?  I don't think so.

As far as demand estimate, being kind of random, I don't think that is really achieving anything either.  You can call 10 times and average the numbers and get the real demand estimate.  It just adds server load if people call it at least 3 times, for no real gain.

And once you are flying the route, I think your airline knows with 100% certainty what the demand is, so at that point, why keep presenting randomized numbers to the player?
Ditto!

It is not illegal in real life.  Slots and gates get swapped, even traded for real money.  I think it should be perfectly legal in AWS, IMO.  It adds bit of a social dimension to the game, you are playing with or against real people, so why not allow negotiation between players?  It makes it for a more fun game.  More fun that staring at a spreadsheet...

Totally agree, but it doesn't happen in behind close doors. If you want to add a social dimension, you should actually involve society. Especially, when it involves airport like LHR.

I hope that some crybabies will not ruin this dimension of the game completely...
Oh please....  That's BS.
Stop whining!

I think you were the only one who feels mislead...  The only test airline in the game is if Sami runs it, and he stays out of the way, in small airports where nobody wants to base at.
Yes, word "Test" in english language throws everyone off...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 08:36:14 AM »
Since y'all cannot behave, this thread is locked.

I would strongly suggest to check your attitude before posting since this bickering will not be tolerated and I'll have to start handing out posting bans to the forum the next time.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.