Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Big routes from Russian airports  (Read 332 times)

• Former member
[-] Big routes from Russian airports
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:56:24 AM »
Why all of big routes(over 3000nm) from Russia don`t have passengers? I`m flying from Vnykovo airport. Flight to Miami, Toronto, Male, Mauritius, Cancun, Phuket and Bangkok don`t have passengers, but in really this is routes with very high load. Please, correct this mistake.

Screenshot from wikipedia:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:06:48 PM by sami »

• Former member
Re: Big routes from Russian airports
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 02:40:12 PM »
First, you are referring to traffic that is happening after 2010, while BW plays 2002-2009. Second, real-life routing does not have an impact on the way in-game demand is calculated.
Third, general way of calculating traffic won´t be changed until "city-based demand" will be introduced, date unknown.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:53:18 PM »
I think the city-based demand model is complete--we're just working on finishing the collection of the data to use, which is about 70% complete.  I'd estimate another 6 months or so it will be 100% complete.

I believe the pax demand model is from 2005--I'm guessing most/all of these routes did not exist then.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 03:06:43 PM »
Can't be corrected without proper data, but for now any manual changes to city pair demand are no priority at all unless there is an clear error

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.