Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Demand  (Read 380 times)

Offline MartinaTorres

• Members
Demand
« on: November 16, 2013, 07:09:57 PM »
What determines the demand? I am trying to expand but most of the flights Bogota airport has do not have the enough demand for my airline to operate, what should i do?

Thanks!

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Demand
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 10:07:10 PM »
Start in a bigger airport.

Or use a different plane.

Or possibly, find some more routes. Bogota has plenty of international demand, from meory. When you search for routes, are you leaving the filter set to South America, or changing it to whole world?

Offline MartinaTorres

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »
Bogota is a mayor airport or am i mistaken? There is slim to no demand to USA, most of Central America and Europe.. Will it increase over time?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 12:21:40 AM »
Yeah, Bogota is a decent sized airport, there should be plenty of demand, more than enough for 100+ planes. The game is 6 months in? So the demand you see now will still continue to grow quickly, as it starts off artificially low and increases quickly over the first ~12 months.

When you say slim to no demand, what size routes are you talking about? I don't think there'll be a lot of huge routes, but that there should be plenty that support 1 flight/day.

Offline MartinaTorres

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 12:33:29 AM »
Thanks! Last game i managed to have over 100 planes, but i joined in about 2 years in

Airports like: Chicago, Atlanta, Jfk, Newark, Monterrey, Cancun, Rome, London, Toronto most of usas airport

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 05:03:10 PM »
Hi Martina, i see you're getting to grips with the game.
I use small cheap planes to establish a route. If it quickly goes to high LF's then I can add or swap to a bigger plane.
By choosing an International Airport you are getting high airport charges. Ideally you want a mid size first base that has a few bigger airports around it (Europe). I chose Nice (Monaco) and it's working quite well, with local, regional and inter country flights. Flights to USA etc are much harder, but I hope those too will grow once I've got a 7 day flight established. Probably going to have to throw a couple of 737's at a couple of International airports that have passengers for a new player/airline.
From what i've seen so far it takes a bit of advertising (radio and internet for 3 months + TV for a week) to get established then Pax no's steadily grow over a six month period unless you get competition on the route. Not had that yet.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.