Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Manually balancing staff between bases  (Read 268 times)

Online Cardinal

• Members
Manually balancing staff between bases
« on: November 15, 2013, 09:06:44 PM »
The current system for balancing staff between bases is reactive and only works if you are understaffed at a particular base.  I would like to be able to balance staffing between bases proactively, when I have a large surplus of pilots and cabin crew at a particular base due to aircraft retirements or gradual drawdown of a base.

I'm not asking for another button or dropdown list. Only that when I remove 50 people of a particular employee group (i.e. cabin crew) at one base, and add 50 people to the same employee group at another base, the game recognizes it as balancing staff and not as firing 50 people and hiring 50 people as it currently does. This would only be valid when using the exact same number, so if I removed 50 people from one base and added 40 to the other the game would react as it does now (firing people, CI hit, morale hit).

FORSBERC

• Former member
Re: Manually balancing staff between bases
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 12:23:53 AM »
Why not have a button or drop down? It could be like retraining pilots into different categories.

Online Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 12:33:05 AM »
There's already a button to balance staff. But as I said, it's reactive. I just want a manual option.

However, you do make a good point:
It could be like retraining pilots into different categories.

Perhaps the existing balance staff button could be reworked to behave like the retrain pilots button does. Instead of just automatically pulling staff from one base to another without regard to which base has the biggest surplus, it would ask you how many employees to move from this base to that one.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:37:10 AM by tvdan1043 »

TomislavZG

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 12:25:19 AM »
Here is my problem, I'm playing DOTM6 and it is 1988., so as the 1990. comes I will loose my bases in Yugoslavia:
I have HQ in Zagreb, CRO, and bases in Slovenia(LJLJ), Srbia(LYBE) and one more in Croatia(LDDU). I will have a lot of problems but ok, it's how it was in real life. I have now plans to close LJLJ and go to LDSP but when I close LJLJ all workers will go to my HQ in LDZA and I will not be able to transfer them to LDSP so I will have to fire them and my company image will suffer. Can you change that so we can transfer our workers from one hub to another?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.