Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Dan Dantes  (Read 3219 times)

rickyricky101

• Former member
Dan Dantes
« on: November 14, 2013, 08:29:18 PM »
Please let me have all your slots Dan and let me know when you are leaving the game so that I can have all 222. Please co-ordinate with me the exact time you leave so that I can grab them all.

Fair goes out of the window, still if that's how the game is played bring it on PacAir.

I am sure I can get "friends" to create airlines and then close them down later!

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Dan Dantes
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »
There we go again... unfounded accusations thrown around out of frustration. Please apply some decency next time.

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 08:36:43 PM »
Really that is strange it is not unfounded I can assure you mate.

I was told 2 days ago that this was going to happen, word travels fast via the Elite Skype account.  So co-ordination of the exact time that an airline that is very profitable goes out of business is fair hmmmmm, don't patronise me it's a farce.

Dan emailed PacAir with the exact time that he was going to go bankrupt so that PacAir could grab the slots, I was tipped off that 5this was going to be done and surprise surprise!

If that is "Elite" play in action it's a joke.

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 08:37:48 PM »
I have all the emails to back up my statements so don't make accusations that I don't know what I am talking about, plus I will ask Sami to investigate the matter to clear it up if you like.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 08:53:19 PM »
I have all the emails to back up my statements

I very much doubt that.

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 08:56:30 PM »
Dantes Air
Sent to: rickyricky101 on: 09 November 2013, 18:43:57
You have forwarded or responded to this message.
   Reply with quote Reply Remove this message
by the way, Do You have spare AC iddle sitting on the ground right? be prepare because Dan of Dantes Air will be fold in very near time. I suppose not to told You this, but I read from the Elite's skype that Dan sent Don (jetwest/PacAir) a PM that he is going to fold soon and will coordinate with him about the closure time. FYI, Dan is with us in MT6 and prior MT9, Don was surprised that he had Dantes at his HQ despite Dan is our former member. So Don is sent him a PM and Dan Replied that he would not be long enough in LHR and going to fold. In about 2 real days ago Dantes tolds Don that he will be Bk'd in about 2 days. So You have to be prepared to get some slots that Dantes currently holds.
Of course use this information for your eyes only and not to tell anyone else in AWS.

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
I hope that is self explanatory.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 09:00:15 PM »
You are putting your faith in a PM from a person that is untrustworthy by definition (i.e. betraying the faith put into him by our group)? That's a right stretch there...

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 09:04:37 PM »
Hmmmm so the guy just had a premonition of the imminent demise of the profitable Dantes Air, then the premonition came true down to the minute detail of PacAir grabbing 219 of the 222 slots.  Yes, I agree it is all a coincidence - not.  Elite members are so Elite that they have Psychic powers to predict future events.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 09:07:18 PM »
Dan always BKs after a while if he hasn't built a mega airline till then. This is no news.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 09:07:32 PM »
I like to remain objective on these sort of things and I find it hard to believe that this isn't true.  For those who were paying attention, DanDantes also started an airline in DOTM about 5 years in out of LHR where there were zero slots.  The airline with the highest CV in DOTM currently is one of the Elite alliance managers.  I remember wondering what the heck Dan was doing as he is a strong player and wouldn't make a rookie mistake of basing at an airport like LHR late in the game that had zero slots available at the time.  Anyways, it was short lived as I presume he was running the same scheme trying to pick up slots for the alliance, but I'm guessing that slots at LHR that late in the game cost more than the startup cash and he didn't get very far.  The DOTM game logs would be able to refute or confirm this, which of course only sami has access to.

I don't like to cast stones, but Elite bills themselves as the best alliance winning 10 straight game worlds, blah blah blah.  You don't "win" 10 times in a row on accident and make rookie mistakes like this, especially if you are a seasoned player such as DanDantes.  The coincidences are really adding up and instead of being an alliance of "airlines working in loose cooperation" it appears, on the surface at least, that there are multiple airlines working in collusion to use anti-competitive strategies.

On a positive note, the implementation of terminals in the future would eliminate the possibility of this even happening in future game worlds.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:14:16 PM by LemonButt »

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »
What a lame story... - and I can say absolutely objectively as neither based in LHR or ever been in any alliances.
I saw the announcement when it was still Apr 16th, so it could not be more than 20min from the closure of the airline - and by that time all the slots were gone - more than 200 slots!!! Now if someone says this was accidental - that personal seriously insults his own intelligence, one really needs to be very silly either to say or believe that.

Really, by chance...? - its Friday night in Europe, noon in US and of course everyone was sitting in front of the computers... and than all of those accidental witnesses of Dantes bankruptcy suddenly in no time created roots to LHR? How long would it take physically to set up 200+ routes...?

Whoever did this now should find a courage to accept and to apologize to everyone else - not to create phony excuses!

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 09:12:53 PM »
Many thanks for backing me up guys, yes 219 of the 222 slots grabbed by PacAir, no co-incidence there.  I have emails that this was going to happen and the specific time was to be given to PacAir/Elite.   Yet they have the audacity to deny it, they are bending the rules to the point of cheating, not surpriusing they always win.

Totally laughable!

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 09:51:13 PM »
btw, in real word this would be clearly classified as "anti-competitive behavior" with the most common punishment being termination of all illegally obtained advantages, fine up of 10% of group turnover worldwide and individuals being disqualified from company director role
If translated to current situation, PacAir should get:
- 220 slots confiscated
- 10% fine = $2.4bln
- CEO prohibited to hold Alliance manager role till the end of the game world
Any of the above would not destroy PacAir, but would put it back in the real of world of competition as well as would give a very strong rule enforcement case

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »
Call me cynical, but I imagine there will be no apology, no fines, no penalties, it will be brushed under the carpet as "good play" and a legitimate merger of two profitable airlines.  After all the skill involved was grabbing the slots before any competitors had a chance to, within 5 minutes of the bankruptcy.

rickyricky101

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 10:14:16 PM »
Interestingly, there is no denial from PacAir about any of this, especially as he is being directly accused.  The only denial which has been refuted was from saftfrucht who is clearly party to his alliance members actions and in full knowledge of what went on.  Yet he has the audacity to say that the comments are made out of frustrations at not getting any slots.

Offline lospaziale

• Members
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 10:39:19 PM »
Many thanks for backing me up guys, yes 219 of the 222 slots grabbed by PacAir, no co-incidence there.  I have emails that this was going to happen and the specific time was to be given to PacAir/Elite.   Yet they have the audacity to deny it, they are bending the rules to the point of cheating, not surpriusing they always win.

Totally laughable!

In fact I was wondering today how possible that 222 slots at LHR went away so quickly... I know that many airlines would like to fly to LHR, but didn't expect that there was such an unfair plan as described.
This should be a game with fair play, cheaters are always losers for me...
Sami, please investigate this fact to keep the game fair and funny for everyone!

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 11:45:33 PM »
What do you think a big alliance will do when loads of very rare slots are suddenly becoming available....

That counts for Elite, SkyConnect and all others, of course they communicate with each other. Don't be naive and take the 322 launch as an example. Maybe Sami can supply some numbers how many players ordered this plane in a real hour..

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 12:58:21 AM »
What do you think a big alliance will do when loads of very rare slots are suddenly becoming available....

That counts for Elite, SkyConnect and all others, of course they communicate with each other. Don't be naive and take the 322 launch as an example. Maybe Sami can supply some numbers how many players ordered this plane in a real hour..

Yes, don't be naive.  Elite advertises their pre-game forum so they can get organized.  When was the last time you were in an alliance with two airlines HQ'd at the same airport?  I am not in MT to verify, but assuming what everyone is claiming is true, it is pretty clear things were premeditated.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 06:51:46 AM »
A slot quota - how many slots airline can get within certain time period - will be introduced some time soon (at slot restricted airports). Reasons why - I think anyone can guess.

(on mobile so only short comment.. Investigation pending me getting back to a pc..)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:55:21 AM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.