Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Soviet Union Break Up  (Read 854 times)

ppylaev

• Former member
Soviet Union Break Up
« on: November 13, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »
So, I if I open a base in Riga for example, do I loose it when SU breaks up?

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Soviet Union Break Up
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 07:08:04 PM »
Yes.

ppylaev

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:04:17 PM »
Thanks!

TomislavZG

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 10:56:48 PM »
Hm, my company is in Yugoslavia and I have very strong bases all around the country. Is this 100% correct that I will loose all routes from other airports?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 02:06:35 AM »
Yes, as soon as each part becomes a sovereign country.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 03:23:05 PM »
Yes.

Could you be more specific how it will be lost?

An advance notice like the Algerian rebel that forced EsquireFlyer to close his ALG base in JA?

My alliance member has HQ at SVO, and base at TAS and KBP. So he will lose both of the bases when the Soviet break up in 1989?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 08:57:05 PM »
I was just concluding from general rules and discussion after that Algerian mishap. I never had bases in breaking-up countries, so I canīt tell you explicitly the way it will be handled now.
But general rule is no base in another sovereign country except EU contract states after 97 or so. Since breaking up of SU and Yugoslavia leaves the world with a good number of new, sovereign states , it is perfectly clear that everyone will lose itīs bases outside his own, remaining HQ territory. I think I remember Sami  promised to soften this process by giving out warnings.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:59:56 PM by exchlbg »

TomislavZG

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 11:19:16 PM »
I have HQ in Zagreb, CRO, and bases in Slovenia(LJLJ), Srbia(LYBE) and one more in Croatia(LDDU). I will have a lot of problems but ok, it's how it was in real life. I have now plans to close LJLJ and go to LDSP but when I close LJLJ all workers will go to my HQ in LDZA and I will not be able to transfer them to LDSP so I will have to fire them and my company image will suffer. Can you change that so we can transfer our workers from one hub to another?

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 12:21:17 AM »
I have now plans to close LJLJ and go to LDSP but when I close LJLJ all workers will go to my HQ in LDZA and I will not be able to transfer them to LDSP so I will have to fire them and my company image will suffer. Can you change that so we can transfer our workers from one hub to another?

I currently have an open feature request for this:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,50333.0.html

Perhaps you could add your thoughts there as to how it pertains to this situation?

TomislavZG

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 02:50:05 PM »
So, Croatia and Slovenia are now independent states and I still have bases in LYBE and LJLJ?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »
Checked the settings, and it appears that those have been marked as exceptions there .. Not actually sure why, cannot remember.

So based on present settings those bases would be ok

TomislavZG

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 03:11:27 PM »
Ok, i want to be certain because for last 2 years I wasn't buying new planes for LYBE and LJLJ and if they will stay I will start to put some money in that 2 bases.

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 06:49:41 PM »
I noticed this is a new feature. You use to be able to keep your bases in Russia, Ukraine etc when the USSR broke up.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.