Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Upgrading Aircraft with WiFi and Paint  (Read 254 times)

Offline Posller

• Members
Upgrading Aircraft with WiFi and Paint
« on: November 11, 2013, 04:30:52 PM »
I am positive someone has thought/suggested these but I searched and couldn't find anything. So here it is.

1. Option to upgrade aircraft/hubs for WiFi connectivity, and set price/make free to customers. Also could have this in place for the gate/airport area at hub.

This seems to be pretty simple to add, as it would only affect CI making people more likely to fly your airline and could cost a fixed amount per connectivity level(airport) and number of aircraft(WiFi inflight). However it could have a large impact with customers when multiple airlines fly a route at default prices and the same/100 CI...

2. Option to actually paint your aircraft with livery. Would greatly influence CI, as well as deter airlines from simply ditching a place before C check and re-leasing another for 2.5yrs of whatever the length may be.

Again with this investment in the aircraft, airlines would be less likely to turn-over aircraft, especially leased aircraft so quickly.

Annnnnnnnd GO with the critiques!  :)

• Former member
Re: Upgrading Aircraft with WiFi and Paint
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 05:52:41 PM »
Not sure I understand the difference from marketing (other than it is tied to the aircraft - for livery...wifi, maybe by model?).

CI is limited to 100, but this would be an option to notionally move it to "110" (just to pick an example) for that aircraft?  Or, are you looking for some different effect?  

Would it be a one time boost, or how long would the effect last?

Not critical, just want to understand.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:56:12 PM by BD »

• Former member
Re: Upgrading Aircraft with WiFi and Paint
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 06:28:58 PM »
Since those enhancements should work outside the CI system to further differentiate companies with same CI, implementation doesnīt seem as easy to me. Request belongs to the group of service enhancements like on-board service/catering,ertainment system etc., which should be implemented first, since Wi-Fi only comes into the game shortly before it ends.
Short-leasers are already behind others because all pay 1 weekly extra-fee and a higher fixed rate.It is one of the downsides of leasing planes to others, that C- and D- checks often stay with the owners. Since those normally belong to the wealthier half of the game they donīt need extra protection against small start-ups.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.