Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Basing in Associated States  (Read 450 times)

Offline Klcosta

• Members
Basing in Associated States
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:09:11 PM »
Seeing as how airlines are already able to base in oversees territories, example: American Airlines are able to base in Puerto Rico or Guam or French Airports can base in Reunion. I think New Zealand Airlines should be able to base in Cook Islands and Niue. These are Associated States, and citizens of those countries are also citizens of New Zealand. There are other associated states that could be treated in the same way.

Online [SC] - King Kong

• Members
Re: Basing in Associated States
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 08:27:02 PM »
can i open bases in the Dutch Antilles when I'm based in the Netherlands?
Oh well, lets not forget about South Africa, Surinam and Indonesia

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 10:19:25 PM »
Basing rights have been added in the past. Find proof that it would be possible in real life and there is a good chance it will be added.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:25:35 AM »
As long as the second country is virtually a part of the homeland, basing is possible already. Some states become independent during gameplay, so you will have to be prepared to take your business elswhere. I donīt think that a mere association is valid for game rules, as it might be in RL, example would be EU here, where basing wonīt be liberated until the special "freedom of skies" treaty becomes valid somewhen in the late nineties. So itīs a try and error game  and you could search for reliable evidence in case something is missing, but game canīt reflect all special treaty situations between single countries for the whole timeline. American carriers not only used Guam for basing, but also Tokyo,(evidently a relict right from WWII) which is not possible in this game.

Online [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 10:20:11 AM »
So to give an example, Surinam, used to be just Dutch until 1975. Should I be able to open a base there before Surinam splits off?

I guess so...
The Dutch legislation changed the status of Curacao, Aruba and Sint Maarten to separate countries withing the Dutch Kingdom, the Dutch Antilles were therefore dissolved. Bonaire, Saba and ST Eustacious are now special counties of the Netherlands, making it legally seen, part of the Netherlands...

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 12:11:04 PM »
If you are HQed in AMS, you can open a base in St Maarten, and I think Surinam (Dutch Guyana at the time) as well. That was certainly the case in the current JA.

Online [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »
If you are HQed in AMS, you can open a base in St Maarten, and I think Surinam (Dutch Guyana at the time) as well. That was certainly the case in the current JA.
In that case Ill shut up :p

Now we need to get that Indonesia fix as it was never really officially dissolved from the Netherlands ::)

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
As you mentioned South Africa. Problem is ,that you lost a war against the British way ahead of the air transport era. Or do you plan to start a game during the times when Caravelle was a boat and New York was Nieuw Amsterdam ?

Online Dasha

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »
In that case Ill shut up :p

Now we need to get that Indonesia fix as it was never really officially dissolved from the Netherlands ::)

Ehm... I think you are mistaken. Indonesia was a Dutch colony, it's NEVER been part of the Netherlands like Surinam and the Antilles are/were.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.