Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] aircraft discounts if you already operate the type  (Read 251 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
[-] aircraft discounts if you already operate the type
« on: November 10, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »
let's say I buy 10 aircrafts of a type and one year later another 2 ... it would then be nice to have a discount the same way round I would get it, if I had bought 12 at a time... and what members of your alliance bought could also have an influence on this... so, if alliances would manage their aircraft buyings a little bit, they could get lower prices... or (as an other idea, but that's harder to do) you could create a way, that airlines of alliances could order aircrafts together... that would be a nice feature too...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:23:29 AM by sami »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: aircraft discounts if you already operate the type
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »
That would require a system of Options and Purchase Rights, simply having you pay less if you ordered before makes no sense and will again benefit mostly large airlines.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 01:51:04 PM »
Yes, but... currently we see so many airlines buying so many types. E.g. A300-600, A330, 767, 757, A320, 737-400, 737-800, MD-88, MD-90 ... and this (together with the fleet comonality) may bring this a little bit down and they may think again not simply to buy whatever they can get...
and... bigger airlines do always have an advantage over smaller ones when buying something... this feature should influence how the big airlines and the alliances interact with each other...

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 02:38:23 PM »
I don't think we need another incentive to keep the number of fleets low, the commonality cost is a harsh enough penalty already.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 04:29:31 PM »
I don't think we need another incentive to keep the number of fleets low, the commonality cost is a harsh enough penalty already.
Agree that the incentive adds the underlying problem behind this request, working opposite of its direction/intent...

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,50042.new.html#new

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.