Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] cross demand idea  (Read 884 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
[-] cross demand idea
« on: November 09, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »
currently I'm flying an aircraft with F-seats on a route without F-demand... that's just because the aircraft has those seats (I need it for other routes it flyes)... so, I thought, if I have them, maybe I can offer them very cheap... maybe they can be sold anyway... so, I did set the price to the C-price (and I get C-passengers) ... but, nothing... the seat's remain empty :-) ... now, here's my idea -> maybe, you could somehow do the C-seat-calculation for the empty F-seats and fill them like that? ... I know, it means you have to do the calculation twice... but it would be a nice feature
this maybe could then allow airlines to fly an dense-C seat only and offer it as premium Y-seat? ... well, I'm not sure how you do it... but some improvement would be nice and could create more possibilities for competition
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:18:59 PM by sami »

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: cross demand idea
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 05:52:21 PM »
There are requests for that pending for years.

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »
I know, but the idea, simply to run the C-pax distribution also on the F seats and the Y-pax on the C seats is a new idea... and (alltough I would love to see an ever enhanced distribution system) it would be an easy thing to implement and a first step in the right direction.

And the current system is more than just very strange... now I'm offering F for 74$ and still they're flying only Y (235$) and C (563$).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 07:51:27 PM »
F seats are taken by C or Y pax already. However not when there's no F demand at all, then the calculation is simply skipped .. which is, well, wrong in this particular case

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
Oh, great... so, do you plan to "fix" this? Would be great...

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:24:46 PM »

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 12:34:05 AM »
well... I think, this request has become some sort of "bug report" ... isn't it?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 06:36:59 AM »
F seats are taken by C or Y pax already. However not when there's no F demand at all, then the calculation is simply skipped .. which is, well, wrong in this particular case

How would I observe this working?  Let's say the part that should be working, a route with no F supply or demand.  The route has a demand of Y:200 C:1, and I supply Y:160 C:10.  Do the extra Y pax who don't fit in Y section move to C and pay C fares?  Or do I need to lower C prices to price of Y in order to get them?

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »
I think you have to lower the prices... I did a test and offered on a route without F demand the F for 74$, whily Y was 230 and C 560 ... and then I saw no F pax... sami told me then, that this is "not correct" because it skipps the calculation... if "not correct" means "bug", that's an other question  ;D

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 09:37:14 PM »
I am testing it on one route, I lowered C prices to Y level.  Not having a lot of luck filling up those C seats even with lower prices...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 04:18:55 PM »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.