Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Price management feature  (Read 863 times)

Offline begla

• Members
[-] Price management feature
« on: November 03, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
Hey, this idea just came to me, I shouldn't be dificult to implement and would benefit all players equally.

quite simply put.. I'd like an option added to the price management screen that would allow you to raise prices for higher load factor routes and vice versa for lower load factor routes.

E.g. The player would be able to raise prices X% for all routes with LF above 80%/85%/90%/etc..
E.g. The Player would be able to lower prices X% for all routes with LF below 70%/65%/60%/etc..

Any thoughts?

thanks, Dan.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:42:20 PM by sami »

International Crew Operating: B737-800 + B757-200.

A 2 Mile Road can take you 2 Miles, but A 2 Mile Runway can take you anywhere.

BD

• Former member
Re: Price management feature
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »
Its a good idea, but if sami implements a change that allows pricing from the Manage Route screen, you can sort any column, including LF and select the ones you want for a price adjustment.  Maybe a LF filter can be added to go along with that.

Here's a link with that discussion...

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,47598.msg280763.html#msg280763

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:35:37 PM »
I think what he was really suggesting is a revenue management feature where things are automated and handled by a revenue management department/staff/algorithm...

BD

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 12:29:13 AM »
Automated...I did not see that, but I am for anything that can log my decision and act on it without my having to schedule my time around the game.

If automated, probably worth going the extra step and allow price set for each combo of LF, class and with/without competition. 

To add to the wishlist, would be nice if the algorithm were smart enough to account for about blocked seats, passenger load limits, and pax demand maximums by class, so that group price adjustments downward don't adversely affect income from individual routes (if airline is already carrying to the max), perhaps with a popup listing such routes.

Offline [ATA] b757capt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 07:08:48 AM »
I think what he was really suggesting is a revenue management feature where things are automated and handled by a revenue management department/staff/algorithm...

Agreed. What are we paying these salaries for??? Lol

LF based pricing would be helpful as well as time of day pricing.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 07:45:12 AM »
Why don't we have everything done automatically? From choosing base, airline's name, opening routes, bases, to even hedging, leasing A/C from UM? You play the game, or the staff play for you?

It's good enough if sami can provide more tools for easier micro-management. But everything's done automatically is no good, not for an online game. And if players who devote more effort and time in the game won't be rewarded as they expect, we won't see those players anymore

Just my 2 cents

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 11:51:22 AM »
I'm more than happy to have to go through my own routes, individually move routes 10% above default, or 20% below, or whatever. All I want is that I not lose all my changes whenever I reset prices to default. Either by having a feature that lets me click 'reset all prices based on current default' that keeps the percentage difference I've already set, or by having the default price for a set route displayed somewhere, in the same way the current global fuel price or interest rate are displayed. Default has gone up 5% since I last checked, then ok, I'll increase all prices by 5%. Can use that as a workaround now, by looking at a route you know has been left at default, and resetting just that route to see the % change.

Not a fan of more automated system, that will do the work of looking through your routes for you.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 02:29:24 PM »
Why don't we have everything done automatically?

Pricing should be automated for the same reason that players aren't required to create name tags for new pilots when they schedule a new aircraft.  This is a strategy game and there is nothing strategic about making name tags or micromanaging pricing.  IRL, a CEO creates strategy and his staff is responsible for the tactical execution, such as adjust pricing to maximize LF or maximize profits.  I have 660 route pair and fortunately I have a life, which means I am not going to review all 660 route pairs and tweak the pricing to execute my strategy of maximizing profits.

Additionally, pricing is unrealistic in AWS because IRL there is revenue management.  Which means that airlines sell tickets far in advance (not the same day) and tickets are at many different price points versus a constant price in response to the market.  Right now, there is no mechanism for pricing to respond to the market beyond arbitrary adjustments by a player.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 04:41:57 PM »
Why don't we have everything done automatically? From choosing base, airline's name, opening routes, bases, to even hedging, leasing A/C from UM? You play the game, or the staff play for you?
Come now...not nearly what I was suggesting.  ;D

With 420 route pairs, I see plenty of opportunity to optimize pricing.  But it is way too much time to commit to check and change each one individually.  Thus, my options for strategy are curtailed in this respect.

A global change that preserves the "relative price" previously set would be a good compromise.  Coupled with the planned merging of pricing into the Manage Routes page, enabling price changes on selected routes, will be a huge step forward.

And being able to see the default/baseline price that all this is tied to is more than just helpful with this.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »
I wanted to create this feature request by myself yet.

An easier way to control pricing with hundreds or thousands of routes is necessary. This starts with changes kept even after reset price (with the possibility to reset all prices, of course) and needs also the "All routes over/under XY% load factor increase/decrease pricing by XY.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »
Duplicate: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,15692.0.html

Price management features are the next in line due for a large update

When this update has been completed the next goal is to improve the price management features (route pricing, user interface) during early spring 2014, and after that move full steam ahead towards other major changes that will make the simulation world more dynamic.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: [-] Price management feature
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 07:10:36 PM »
Ok, I haven't remembered the sentence in this news. Sorry for the extra work on your side. :/

Good to see changes are coming.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 03:33:45 PM »
Duplicate: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,15692.0.html

Price management features are the next in line due for a large update

Bravo!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.