Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New a/c for small demand routes?  (Read 420 times)

Offline Lambert_M

• Members
New a/c for small demand routes?
« on: October 25, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »
Hi folks!

I have a fleet of Aviation Traders (ATL 90 Accountant Mk I) with 28 seats and 810 nm range. I have been a very happy owner of these machines for a number of years to serve my many destinations with low to medium passenger demand. However, they went out of production and my fleet is aging, so I am wondering if anyone know when the next comparable aircraft becomes available, if at all?

We´re now at July 1974, and the only new plane available that comes remotely close to those stats is the Short 330-100. That plane has a seat config of 30 pax, which would be perfect, but very limited range (370 nm).

I could expand my fleet of Fokker F27 Mk 200 Friendship (48 seats / range 1000 nm), but then I would have to be stuck with low load factors for those planes, which leads me to my next question: When will we see a large rise in pax demand? The 80s I guess is when it happened in real life.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
Re: New a/c for small demand routes?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 02:23:15 PM »
I guess the first question would be how old are your ATL 90 Mk Is?  I'm not in jet age so I can't look at what aircraft are available or your airline unfortunately.  If you want to submit a mentor request I'd be happy to take a look though.

Offline Lambert_M

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 02:42:31 PM »
Thanks , that´s very kind of you. Mentor request sent!

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 02:47:52 PM »
Honestly, you've already got F.27's and they are virtually identical to operate to the beancounter from a cost perspective other than having a higher MTOW (higher landing fees). They have the same staff requirements, virtually the same fuel burn and the same cruising speed.

I would suggest going with the F.27's, as you should be just as profitable on a 25 pax route with that as you are with a beancounter, even though your loads are far lower. Over the next decade in the game, I suspect demand will approximately double, so you'd be set fairly well by going ahead and doubling your capacity for an equal cost.

If you're concerned about flying 48 seats, keep in mind those are HD by default. You can go to regular seats and put 40 in. For the routes that are still more than 2x oversupplied, just limit seats and you'll be good to go.

Offline Lambert_M

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »
Thanks schro! I might hang on to some of the semi-new ATLs for the routes where they already are at half LF. Hoping pax demand for those routes will double! :-)

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 10:14:47 PM »
I'm flying the Fokker F27 with a 40 seat standard configuration and they are still flying quite profitable!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.