doing actions in the future

Started by meiru, October 23, 2013, 12:08:46 AM

meiru

It would be nice to have the possibility to program actions to be executed in the future. E.g. I had an aircraft that I returned (lease expired) and got a new one as replacement. Now, the old went away, but since I had no Internet Connection, I wasn't able to move the schedule to the new aircraft. What happend is, that I lost all slots, since the route's haven't been flown for 2 weeks (in fact, less than a real day!) ... and, well, that's a real problem sometimes... I also lost EGLL slots because of such things... and now, I can't get them back and the 3M I payed for them also not. So, whit programmed Actions, this could be solved... or, allow to Keep Slots for more than 2 weeks without flying them...

exchlbg

This is already a pending request.

LemonButt

Can someone link it?  I thought about this and I think the best way to do it would be "rules" such as the ones used in MS Outlook.  It would be triggered by events.  i.e. On new aircraft delivery, on D-check, etc. and it would perform a macro action (move schedule, cancel lease, etc).  This would especially useful for buying slots when money is tight--when money is high enough (such as  Monday), purchase slots for scheduled routes without slots.

Aoitsuki

Quote from: meiru on October 23, 2013, 12:08:46 AM
It would be nice to have the possibility to program actions to be executed in the future. E.g. I had an aircraft that I returned (lease expired) and got a new one as replacement. Now, the old went away, but since I had no Internet Connection, I wasn't able to move the schedule to the new aircraft. What happend is, that I lost all slots, since the route's haven't been flown for 2 weeks (in fact, less than a real day!) ... and, well, that's a real problem sometimes... I also lost EGLL slots because of such things... and now, I can't get them back and the 3M I payed for them also not. So, whit programmed Actions, this could be solved... or, allow to Keep Slots for more than 2 weeks without flying them...

If you have flown a route before and return the plane, you have a 1-2 month time you don't need to fly it(i recall 2.. I forgot). If you cannot fly that within the time... you deserve to lose the slot. If you lose internet for 8 hours on a newly create route(assume DOTM/MT), and unable to schedule a plane to fly it.. then you deserve to lose the slot.

losing internet connection does not happen everyday, and if you really lost your internet right after creating  a new route, and unable to schedule(which you are suppose to do it immediately. Perhaps buy a lottery ticket(you might get a few bucks back).

allowing future action program, or in fact any type of automation open a huge can of worm on abuse and problems(and it requires a tonne on consideration how to design such thing).

Sami

This would get rather difficult to program very fast. C check pre-scheduling will be built, but route scheduling automation and such won't be done.

(in this case you had also the pre-scheduling window available (1-3 weeks depending on your order) during which you could have moved the schedule if you knew you were offline for a longer time)

LemonButt

Automation would help small airlines tremendously.  I have a CRJ airline in MT9 and every dollar counts.  If you schedule a route 3 weeks before aircraft arrives, you pay for the staff for an uneccessary 3 weeks.  I am taking delivery of 700s to increase capacity over 200s, but thanks to new slot cost model I cannot afford to add routes so I have the option of moving a schedule from my 200 to a 700 that is delivered in 2 days and sacrifice 2 days worth of precious revenue and have the larger aircraft fly while I'm sleeping or do I let the 200 continue flying and lose 2 weeks of bigger revenues that I desperately need?  Option #3 is stay up late to schedule the plane, but that is just stupid.  AWS complements my life, not the other way around.  So really some sort of automation would be a huge benefit for the little guys as those small amounts of money are huge amounts to small airlines.

BD

This is a timely request.  I had been thinking just this kind of feature.  :o

Anything that allows a player flexibility to address the game on their own time frame vs living to the game's time frame for events that are not strategically important, but are operationally significant is very desirable.

Just from my current experience, as I transition to new aircraft type, and manage through expirations and D-checks, missing one or more can have major consequences.  

Pre-scheduling C-checks will help, but chaining together a few events and actions (e.g. route moves to other aircraft) would be a bigger help, as real life has a tendancy to get in the way of good game play.  :laugh: :P

LemonButt

And on top of my issues, I have unscheduled aircraft and I have C-checks where it would be really nice to have those unscheduled aircraft flying those routes during the C-check :(