Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Picking up slots for a team member?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Jetsetter

• Members
Re: Picking up slots for a team member?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 01:23:33 PM »
unwilling =/= unable. And if you don't respect alliance rule and willing to work with other, then it is your issue. You can't get all you want like a baby does.

That's a very easy argument from your end when you find yourself in the dominant alliance in the game, so would I really expect any alternative answer? Being part of a collective doesn't equate to free reign and down with equality, and what appears to be emerging is two differentials of players. One consists of casual players, once that don't have infinite amounts of time to expend on this game, and the core group of cliquish analysts that have explored the boundaries of the game and know the exact linear pathway to profitability and exercise it in every iteration of the game world. Simply because you are part of the 50 or so most competent players does not mean that you have free reign to dictate the regulations that provide you protection when you comprise of the group of individuals who least need it. Because, frankly, to have the parental support of airlines with astronomical profitability to coddle a competitive advantage via informally shared slots and discounted aircraft is far more "babyish" than my voicing of concern for the equities of the majority of people playing this game. Alliances scarcely represent a community spirit of teamwork than a cartel set on the unequal promotion of its own minuscule faction at the expense of everyone else, followed by gloating and the flaunting of some arbitrary "alliance score" as if it is actually something meaningful.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 01:35:17 PM »
If my mind serves me correctly you were in the premier AWS alliance, but would not play by route sharing rules. That was your choice, and you do not seem to be a team player, again your choice....but part of that choice is losing the other advantages that alliances offer i.e advising on slot drops etc etc.  You can't, as the game stands, have your cake and eat I am afraid.  You may find that future changes stop this in regards to slots, but for now the alliances will continue to dominate slot drops at major slot constricted airports.
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 02:59:01 PM »
Jetsetter - you can either be part of an alliance and reap the benefits (i.e. slot calls) or you can fly every route you want without any regulation. That is (or in your case, was) a pretty easy decision. You decided for the second variant so you really aren't in the position to complain about the first one.

Offline Jetsetter

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 05:51:54 PM »
No, I'm certainly in a position to have an opinion, and after spending several hours drafting a schedule that saw my airline in the top 10 of fleet utilization, I wasn't about to waste hours trying to remake my routes so that I could give the top earning airlines a few hundred thousand dollars more in their billion dollar bank accounts. While I may have an OCD fascination with seeing small turnaround times, my compulsion belongs to I alone. I can assure you that I do not give enough of a s*** to waste hours in my day to appease grown men that are crying about oversupplying a route on an internet game. I stand by the notion that all of you that went out of your way to chastise me (and it was an amazingly large number of you) must take this game far too seriously. This isn't the third grade, I do not need you to lecture me on notions of good sportsmanship, and your arrogance need not to extend to flaunting your posse that is trying to create a guilt trip over imaginary, insignificant airplanes. Your collusion serves as a detriment to myself and other players, but fantastically, not I nor yourselves are in a position to do anything about it short of learning how to write code. So are we done acting our roles in this high school popularity complex, or do you feel compelled to continue your snide, patronizing comments of how I didn't wear a yarmulke at your Bar Mitzvah?

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 06:24:19 PM »
Rules were there BEFORE you spent hours creating your schedules. They were posted in the forum, as they always are, on the 1st day of operation. Maybe if you would have read them and stuck to them then you would not have been it that position - that is nobodies fault but your own. You showed a total disregard for alliance rules, and other member airlines.  If you don't want alliance rules, as you obviously don't, then your in the best place, but getting back on topic, being solo means LHR slots will be virtually impossible to get.
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 06:45:39 PM »
The complaint has been noted.  Sami will investigate, but until then i think this discussion has run its course for usefulness.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.