Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: release slots to public pool  (Read 717 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
release slots to public pool
« on: October 12, 2013, 03:10:18 PM »
would be nice to have 2 options -> release slots at (e.g. KJFK) to public pool and release slots a (e.g. KMIA) to public pool... because, often I want to keep those on one airport, but not the others... and this ends with 21 messages from the slot coordinator because of expiring slots (since I have to keep them all, even if I want only half of them) ...

for me this happens, if I'm replaning routes (and the slots at KSFO are very expensive, while others may be almost for free, so I want to keep the KSFOs, but don't care about the others)

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: release slots to public pool
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 09:09:49 PM »
And on busy airports "sell slot to airport administration for $$$$$"

• Former member
Release slots to public pool (option to retain some and not all)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:22:46 PM »
I second this desire.  Being able to keep slots for route juggling is critical if you have a busy hub (like JFK) and slots are both very expensive and hard to come by.  However, slots at many of your destinations will be very cheap and often easy to come by.  Very often I absolutely need to hold onto my hub's slots while changing routes, but have no desire for the other half of the slots.  Splitting the option from something like this... something like this...

...would be VERY helpful in keeping with the spirit of the game in not retaining unused slots beyond a reasonable need for juggling.

(and a completely unrelated niggle:  The question in the above dialog should be rephrased "...wish to permanently close this route?" or "...wish to close this route permanently?")

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 11:42:08 PM »
+1 from me.

I like the idea... it will reduce the amount of messages the system has to generate so I would like to think it's better overall for the game.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 01:24:02 AM »
So no more unintended slot hogging at random airports nobody wants to fly to and to strange times?

Sounds good...

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 05:50:39 PM »
This is a great idea. 

I would also like to add the ability to give back all slots you had previously retained but no longer need (whether by mistake or otherwise).  This is so A) I do not get 100 messages stating that I am not using X slots (I know already!) and B) makes these slots available to others sooner.  Currently, I do not know of any in-game mechanism that allows me to give back my slots to the public pool after the route has already been closed.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 08:41:46 PM »
Hello Sami,

Any word on this relatively "simple" feature?  It would be nice not to get the umpteen million messages that you have unused slots.  It would be great to have the option to simply give these back. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.