Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Changing schedule mid-flight  (Read 378 times)

rubiohiguey

• Former member
Changing schedule mid-flight
« on: October 11, 2013, 12:07:28 AM »
If I want to change a schedule on flight which is currently  e.g. 6AM-10AM for a new schedule 7AM-11AM, and right now game time shows 8AM, and I do the change, I need to reschedule the route to the aircraft. What happens with the current route that started to be flown? Does it get cancelled mid-flight? Do I need to wait to reschedule till the flight is over, or can I do it at any time?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Changing schedule mid-flight
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 12:08:49 AM »
Um, not sure if I understood but (for example:) if you change something during Monday game time, you will see it flown according that new schedule still when day changes (as monday's results are calculated when monday changes to tuesday). Flights are not "live".

rubiohiguey

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 12:40:08 AM »
Let me rephrase to make sure I understood you correctly:

Right now it's Monday game time, for example 9 AM game time. I want to change a flight that departs Monday morning 6 AM and arrives 10 AM, and change it to departing 7 AM and arriving 11 AM, for example. So I go to edit route, and change it. Then I have to apply the route to plane. Fine.

My question is, whether doing this while the "flight is in progress" (it departed 6 am, now is 9 am game time, and flight hasn't arrived yet) will somehow affect the flight for Monday.

Or is it (as I understand it from your reply) that after I schedule the flight for 7 AM, when the game day changes to Tuesday, the system will calculate the Monday flight like it departed 7 am (even if I changed it when game time showed Monday 9 am already)? If that's so, good, because I have spent lots of time waiting for the game time to hit "arrival time" to change something that need reassigning the route to A/C, scared that the flight would get cancelled mid-flight if I did it before the flight arrival time.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 01:53:27 AM »
Or is it (as I understand it from your reply) that after I schedule the flight for 7 AM, when the game day changes to Tuesday, the system will calculate the Monday flight like it departed 7 am (even if I changed it when game time showed Monday 9 am already)?

Yes. Any change you make on Monday will only be noticed by the system when it does Monday's calculations at 2300ish, and treated as though you made them at 00:01 Monday.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.