Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: sudden overnight LF drop on return flights  (Read 347 times)

brique

• Former member
sudden overnight LF drop on return flights
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:23:45 PM »
Airline : Minim airways
based : Port Moresby, PNG
world : Jet Age

Suddenly, today I noticed a major drop in my fleet LF and investigated to find ALL my over-night flights now have 0% LF on the return legs : previously they were happily in the 80% range : its odd as the outward legs are still running at previous levels, some at 100%, just nobody coming back now.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:32:30 PM by brique »

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: sudden overnight LF drop on return flights
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 04:36:40 PM »
might be weather? can you check cancellation? and also demand for those "0% LF" route... are they really 0?

brique

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »
there are no cancels/delays of any note on any of the 13 or so flights : the outward legs fly with usual high loads, the return legs on all are now at 0%LF : they have all been flying for game-years with satisfactory loads both ways : overall route demand has risen in most cases, but a reasonable discount to default fares was enough to make the flights worthwhile : it appears to be systemic as it affects all the overnight flights, regardless of destination or overall route demand : what might be the case is some tweak to allocation method which now makes any take-off after mid-nite to be totally anathema to pax : which is fine, if we know that before planning the route, just a surprise if it is now so part-way through the game when strategies, schedules and such are already in place. Put bluntly, if so, I'll need to expand my fleet (and all the associated running costs)  by some 20-25% just to cover that now lost revenue and fly it during daylight hours only and that does not make me happy.

just checked a number of the routes affected more closely : all was as usual up until sept 1st game-date.. then the affected return legs went to 0% LF, whilst the outward legs remained unaffected.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:12:10 PM by brique »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 05:33:56 PM »
During other updates made, a set of development variables slipped into production server, and it's changed back now.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 05:48:30 PM »
 thank-you for the prompt response and fix, Sami :)

had a quick look and they are all back to previous levels now.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:51:06 PM by brique »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.