Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Alliance logo not showing up  (Read 674 times)

Offline travelair

• Members
Alliance logo not showing up
« on: October 06, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »
Hi, I just found out that for many of our members, the gen. info page doesnt display the alliance logo for others it does  ???

I dont think I overlooked something, pages were refreshed... WorldLink is the alliance, we need this and as soon as possible! Our players still get msgs from other alliances asking to join because they cant see their membership.

Any explanation? Thanks
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:08:36 AM by travelair »

ucfknightryan

• Former member
Re: Alliance logo not showing up
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 11:18:29 AM »
This appears to be the case for all airlines with no logo and livery.  I filed a bug report but I don't know if it's actually a bug or intended behavior.  Bug report here http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,49573.0.html

Offline travelair

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:35:04 AM »
It cant be intended - not everyone can make a logo, yet ppl must show their membership status to not receive msgs. Besides whats the point of being part of an alliance if you cant show it?

Offline travelair

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 10:24:02 PM »
Would be nice to get an offical answer to this question ?  ???

Why cant we see alliance logos on any AL who has no logo/livery? Please, just a one liner...

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 11:34:42 PM »
Simple test would be to run up a quick text only logo using the design module in settings, save that then see if both it and the alliance logo are then displayed. If it is, then the issue is that the system see's no airline logo and doesnt display anything at all.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 01:07:57 AM »
I have logo, no livery, and have Alliance logo

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 01:34:57 AM »
What´s so difficult in creating a company logo? The ingame system makes it a very easy process even for untalented designers like me.Try it out ! If you are part of an alliance you seem to play this game seriously to some extent, so at least creating a company with a doorbell sign shows some commitment to your company. If you insist to show the flag of your alliance, you should show one of your own.
Creating an airplane livery is some other ballpark and stays a task for the talented masters of paint programs.
And just talking about "appearance" and "image" I would like to place a wish for more carefully and respectfully chosen airline names.Very often they are uninspired, show typos, use real life names or only slightly changed name parts of those to stay out the forbidden zone. Taste is something you hardly can discuss, so a neutral name should be your choice instead of a "funny" or "provocative" variant.
Would you consider buying tickets of a "Rusty old Crap Airline" or "Lame Duck" in real life ? I wouldn´t, and frankly, I´m getting tired of that special lame infant kind of humor repeating itself in every game world.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:03:30 AM by exchlbg »

Offline travelair

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »
Its not a question if you can come up with a logo using the ingame designer, but frankly you are forced to do so if you want to carry the alliance logo, for what reason?  This hasnt been the case in earlier games and not a single person had an issue with it.  ???

Firstly, other alliances will stop msging you about joining them. And secondly, carrying the alliance logo might motivate the player to make his own logo or have it made. Besides it should be the alliances choice, if anyones, who can carry their logo.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 03:27:35 PM »
Its not a question if you can come up with a logo using the ingame designer, but frankly you are forced to do so if you want to carry the alliance logo, for what reason?  This hasnt been the case in earlier games and not a single person had an issue with it.  ???

Firstly, other alliances will stop msging you about joining them. And secondly, carrying the alliance logo might motivate the player to make his own logo or have it made. Besides it should be the alliances choice, if anyones, who can carry their logo.

1.) The Airline info page shows membership in an alliance regardless of if the large alliance logo shows
2.) You might have better luck getting a response from sami if you'd actually post about this in the Bug Report forum where it belongs
3.) It almost certainly was the case in previous game worlds, once the new interface was launched

Offline travelair

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »
The airline info page was not showing membership to an alliance, if your AL didnt have a logo. That is why I started this thread in the first place...

We can put it to rest though - as it does now  :)

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 05:54:37 AM »
I realize this is mostly a moot point since sami has fixed the large logo showing issue, but there was a reason I specified that the large logo wasn't showing.  That is because the small logo was, along with the name of the alliance and a link.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.