Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Request - CSV Download of Route/Aircraft Info  (Read 560 times)

rubiohiguey

• Former member
Request - CSV Download of Route/Aircraft Info
« on: October 05, 2013, 06:08:35 PM »
I would like to ask for a button that would generate CSV file for export with route and aircraft info.

To be able to download to computer for further financial analysis.

It would be only the same info as the one already displayed in Route Information Page.
E.g. Ticket price, Sold seats, Load Factor, Income, Cost, Net Result,

For the aircraft: Profit yesterday, this week, last week, Routes Flown, corresponding route LF

Aircraft info is not that crucial as the route info.

Can this be done, and haw fast?

I don't think it would be that much complicated, because the info is already there in SQL database. It's just instead of displaying it in HTML is pulling it together and exporting in CSV.

Thank you.

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Request - CSV Download of Route/Aircraft Info
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 06:12:58 PM »
There is a feature request forum to post enhancement wishes.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 08:40:12 PM »
I found this forum feature request post, when using the search term "csv"...

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,11498.0.html

There are other posts too.

rubiohiguey

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 03:40:48 AM »
I found this forum feature request post, when using the search term "csv"...

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,11498.0.html

There are other posts too.

Yes... and that was back in 2009 :( looks like it was requested (genius people think alike just kidding) but nothing has been done about it in 4 years :(

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »
You will find tons of intelligent enhancement proposals in that forum which wait for realization even lomger. Sometimes implementation causes bigger problems than you think.Maybe it was postponed until new layout runs stable, sometimes it needs being refreshed for Samiīs memory, but chances grow if many people go for that idea ,too.
Personally I donīt need it, as many of fellow players Iīm no accountant and get along great with the numbers we have.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »
Yes... and that was back in 2009 :( looks like it was requested (genius people think alike just kidding) but nothing has been done about it in 4 years :(
Right...in the software industry it would be unusual NOT to find a backlog of requests...that would be a sure sign of lack of interest.   :o

I hear ya...But, I do see that it is a judgement call on prioritization of the requests over the resources it takes to make available, assuming it can be done and is within the goals of the software owner.

If you can improve on making the case, or just want to show interest, you certainly can add your comment to the request.  One factor in prioritization is the level of interest.  A dormant issue begs lower priority. 

For instance, I've recently added a comment on an older feature request I'd like to see, to which I thought I could add to the case for having it.  It generated a bit of other comments in support (and some against  :laugh: , but keeping the tone positive was a big help, IMHO  ;) ).

Offline AppleBoss

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »
Still hoping 4 years later...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.