Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Production slot question  (Read 462 times)

rubiohiguey

• Former member
Production slot question
« on: October 04, 2013, 04:05:02 PM »
I want to order A330-200. Slots page shows free (green) slots for 2nd and 8th of September 2008, everything is red in 2008. But when I go through to the order preview page, it tells me the delivery would be in July 2009. A year from now! Why cannot I use the free slots from 2nd and 8th of September 2008?

And another side question: The system says I must deposit 9 million, which I do have on hand. But I just cannot understand how somebody can place order 16 A330's, that's over 140 million deposit paid! And already operating 19x A330's. That's over 300+ million just in initial leasing fees total. How can realistically somebody make that money in just 8 months of game time is beyond me.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Production slot question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 04:12:12 PM »
The slots are too close, the factory does not have time to build the planes from scratch in just a month. (when game starts there will be some "lost" slots like this since production delivery dates are locked 6 months prior delivery)

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »
Those two green slots at the beginning of the queue are too close to the current date, they can no longer be ordered.  The CPU brokers will get the aircraft from those slots.

The airline with all those orders is operating exclusively long haul.  Long haul makes more money in absolute terms than short haul, like you and I operate mostly.  Also most of the A330s he has now came from the used market which is cheaper both because the aircraft have less value/cost, and because the used market requires one month less prepay on the lease iirc.  I have no trouble seeing him having made 300m to spend on leases.

edit: I see sami beat me to the punch  :laugh:

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »
Construction of aircraft has some lead time.  Even if the production queue was empty, it would still take about 5 months to build the aircraft.  So first approx. 5 months from today are off limits for you.  And you are offered the first one available after that ~5months.

rubiohiguey

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 04:27:59 PM »
Thank you for clarification.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »
Those two green slots at the beginning of the queue are too close to the current date, they can no longer be ordered.  The CPU brokers will get the aircraft from those slots.

Is this true for all green slots on the production line, or is there some algorithm to it?  For example, every third one...Or, one for every player order.

I ask because with all the aircraft models for which production has ended in JA8, I don't recall seeing several of those aircraft in the used market resulting from all the empty slots in the production line.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.