Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Sudden drop in load factor 50%  (Read 1022 times)

Offline travelair

• Members
Sudden drop in load factor 50%
« on: October 03, 2013, 04:55:35 PM »
What a nice surprise, since 2 days the LF on most my routes has suddenly dropped by 40% to 75%. I havent changed prices nor has my CI, I have enough crew. I have no competition on the routes. Everything is normal, but the LF's are going down fast.  Have I done anything I havent noticed?

Anyone else experience this? And if not someone kind enough to look into this as soon as possible please?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:03:33 PM by travelair »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

Offline Superbenj

• Members
Re: Sudden drop in load factor 50%
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 06:06:36 PM »
What a nice surprise, since 2 days the LF on most my routes has suddenly dropped by 40% to 75%. I havent changed prices nor has my CI, I have enough crew. I have no competition on the routes. Everything is normal, but the LF's are going down fast.  Have I done anything I havent noticed?

Anyone else experience this? And if not someone kind enough to look into this as soon as possible please?

Thanks
I am also experiencing drops across the board, not only on low RI routes (where drops have been greater) but also on routes where I have an RI of 67% (my current highest), week on week daily revenues have dropped by circa 20%

If this is a result of a bug fix it is a pretty major one that could well have a fundamental impact on the airline based on decisions made when the going was fare, so should perhaps have not been put into place mid game, as I suspect some people could BK over this. Some of my plans are certainly now on hold

Sami, perhaps you could market the fix as some kind of global financial meltdown or similar!

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 06:17:10 PM »
I see only minor changes in LFs...

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »
What are you RIs like?

Offline Slurve30

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 06:36:48 PM »
Same here.  Drops across the board ranging from 20-50% depending on route.

Offline Slurve30

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 06:46:38 PM »
On my dashboard, my numbers are showing significantly down from last week:

Y is down 16%
C is down 13%
F is down 3%

Route sales is down 10%

I have a screenshot of a sample route where LF dropped drastically (but demand and competition appears unchanged) but I don't know how to upload it here.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »
total system down 7% so far, some routes are down 10-30%

Offline isuzu777

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 07:48:17 PM »
Argggg......

~Sonata Airlines- Song of the Skies~

Offline travelair

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 07:50:15 PM »
Sorry but where is this a slight decrease in seats sold on routes with low RI?

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/View/13687/
Current RI 25. There are plenty of available pax left.
LF the week before the bug was "fixed" ca. 95,6% reduced to 62,8%. A drop of 32,8%.

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/View/22135/
RI 13, LF  before ca. 78,5% now 43,8%. A drop of 34,6%.

Not sure if you can see these links?

This is just an example of many routes. Not every route is affected that much. Some are just a few %. Yet my LF has dropped from 80% to 63% as of now.  :-\

I think thats a bit harsh. Especially after 6 month of super profits. I just feel sorry for ppl starting up in this game now...

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:55:03 PM by travelair »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 07:55:12 PM »
If you are serving ~100% of demand on the routes with the biggest drops, then it is consistent with the sales distribution model that the game runs on. If you're only serving ~20-30% of demand, then your loads were likely not impacted by this bugfix.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »
RI gives you a percentage of potential pax (overall demand) who 'know' about your service and therefore may choose to fly with you given a good overall offer : price, times, etc. In which case, even a monopoly operator wont get their former full loads under this fix as now not all the potential pax will 'know' about the offer. As your RI goes up to higher levels, the loads should start getting back to former rates.

The patchy and varied effect of the fix is probably because RI is pretty much the starting point of the process and other factors will still come into play, just with a smaller pool of potential pax to act upon so their impact may be greater or lesser, e.g. any premium pricing may now be too much for the available pax to accept, or discount pricing may be softening the blow on some routes.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 08:44:53 PM »
In JA8...Checked across several routes with differing RIs (e.g. 20, 50, 70, 100), both with competition and without on each RI ---> No major changes.  

I've not made any adjustments to marketing, staffing, etc.

Minor changes that I see are not consistent, and are in both directions, thus I cannot attribute them to this bug fix.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 08:51:06 PM »
(the fix was only partly implemented so far due to games being in progress. The full effect of the fix is gradually increased over longer period.)

BD

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »
Noticed significant increase in pax transported in all but one of my five HQ base competitors over past week or two...I've had growth too (increasing my mkt share at HQ), but not sure if it is due to new routes / RI increase or another effect. 

As most of them have multiple bases, unlikely to be solely due to growth at IAH, as I can determine.

This all seems to confirm that this bug fix is an unlikely cause of the fluctuations some of us have seen.

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 05:42:50 PM »
Suddenly just had another big drop across a lot of my routes (but not all), has there been another 'change'?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.