Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Number of alliance members in 1 base  (Read 295 times)

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
Number of alliance members in 1 base
« on: October 03, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »
Hi Sami,

Following some messages you've asked me to put this into a feature request.

In order to avoid unfair competition/direct attacks, airlines part of an alliance should be prevented from opening a base when there is already an alliance member based there. There could be a 200vs 100 ac advantage and can be exploited heavily. I also think that the 1st member there should hold the base.

In addition I think it would be beneficial to have some sort of time gap between the time one alliance member closes a base (voluntarily - not BK) and another alliance member moves into that closed base (maybe 30 game days). Otherwise I think there may be some abuse by one airline going in with smaller planes and holding a lot of slots while another airline is building a fleet of larger planes to then come into that base (i.e. trading places inside a base).

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Number of alliance members in 1 base
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:46:20 PM »
This issue already came up, and Sami decided that more than 1 alliance member per base is fine.

Generally, the issue in AWS is too little competition, not too much.  Most of the players end up with a monopoly in an airport and monopoly on most of the routes.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
Re: Number of alliance members in 1 base
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:41:40 AM »
I think it sets a dangerous precedence if 2 airlines are allowed to open in 1 secondary base if another alliance airline has a secondary base there as well. This would give a 200vs 100 aircraft advantage.

In DOTM6, I opened my 4th base in ZGGG and shortly afterwards another alliance brought a member to that base.
eventually a big airline BKed in ZGGG and then another airline from the same alliance opened his 2nd base there as well.

This give a  200 vs 100 ac advantage and could be perceived as a targeted attack which is against the game rules.
In NAC there was a similar situation where our alliance considered doing this but we thought it would be frowned upon so we didnt do it (and I BKed as a result btw)

If this is going to be allowed I fear for gameworlds like Euro & North American challenges as I can see a shift in focus on tactics.

clear guidelines should be provided in my opinion to ensure that we all know what can and cannot be done.

Personally I dont think that more than 1 alliance should be allowed in secondary bases if the competing alliance also uses that base as a secondary base. (if its against their main hub then I'm 50/50 on this)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.