Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Number of alliance members in 1 base  (Read 304 times)

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
Number of alliance members in 1 base
« on: October 03, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »
Hi Sami,

Following some messages you've asked me to put this into a feature request.

In order to avoid unfair competition/direct attacks, airlines part of an alliance should be prevented from opening a base when there is already an alliance member based there. There could be a 200vs 100 ac advantage and can be exploited heavily. I also think that the 1st member there should hold the base.

In addition I think it would be beneficial to have some sort of time gap between the time one alliance member closes a base (voluntarily - not BK) and another alliance member moves into that closed base (maybe 30 game days). Otherwise I think there may be some abuse by one airline going in with smaller planes and holding a lot of slots while another airline is building a fleet of larger planes to then come into that base (i.e. trading places inside a base).

regards

Fred

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Number of alliance members in 1 base
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:46:20 PM »
This issue already came up, and Sami decided that more than 1 alliance member per base is fine.

Generally, the issue in AWS is too little competition, not too much.  Most of the players end up with a monopoly in an airport and monopoly on most of the routes.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
Re: Number of alliance members in 1 base
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:41:40 AM »
I think it sets a dangerous precedence if 2 airlines are allowed to open in 1 secondary base if another alliance airline has a secondary base there as well. This would give a 200vs 100 aircraft advantage.

In DOTM6, I opened my 4th base in ZGGG and shortly afterwards another alliance brought a member to that base.
eventually a big airline BKed in ZGGG and then another airline from the same alliance opened his 2nd base there as well.

This give a  200 vs 100 ac advantage and could be perceived as a targeted attack which is against the game rules.
In NAC there was a similar situation where our alliance considered doing this but we thought it would be frowned upon so we didnt do it (and I BKed as a result btw)

If this is going to be allowed I fear for gameworlds like Euro & North American challenges as I can see a shift in focus on tactics.

clear guidelines should be provided in my opinion to ensure that we all know what can and cannot be done.

Personally I dont think that more than 1 alliance should be allowed in secondary bases if the competing alliance also uses that base as a secondary base. (if its against their main hub then I'm 50/50 on this)

regards

Fred

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.