Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used market - phone calls  (Read 681 times)

Offline travelair

• Members
Used market - phone calls
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:00:39 AM »
Since a few weeks I havent been able to lease a single plane which was halfway decent in terms of cost, age, maintanance and the reason is mind boggling

The 737-345 is sought after I know, but after a phone call there usually comes 1 attractive plane along some crappy ones, not evertime. For the last 3 weeks or so, this plane is being leased out to someone else in under 2 sec after it appears on the page. It`s impossible for ppl to know at what gametime I use my calls, otherwise they would need to update the page once every second and that 24h a day...

Yet it happens every time. I tested it a min ago, used the phone, 3 733 pop up, klicked on the first 733 to appear on the list, the cheapest, didnt check anything else and the plane was already being leased by someone. This took me less than 2 sec - dont tell me this possible by normal means or is this a bug?

Also I have not experienced a single occasion, even after hours of very regular page updating, where a number of ac were added to the market similar to that of a call, and I'm surely not the only one using the mysterious phone. Updates would have to happen alot more often. I guess that means that the ac added to the list are only viewable by the AL calling?
Then again why are most planes I get leased anywhere between 5-30 mins later, even the "bad" ones (worth 30mil actual price 40 etc). Someone has to see them to lease them...So who really gets to see these market updates?

Anyone willing to share their knowledge on this issue? It's bit confusing and frustrating if you cant expand when any "good" plane vanishes in 2 secs  :-\

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Used market - phone calls
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 11:02:16 AM »
The planes do not appear to the market in general when you click "call". They only appear to YOU at that point while they may have been there for a longer time already and visible to others who have made calls earlier.

(Also, do not make any business decisions based on predicted future availability of used a/c. There won't be much of those for the first 5 game years)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:04:57 AM by sami »

Offline travelair

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 11:27:45 AM »
Hi thx for the quick reply.

Then how is it possible that the "good" plane and there is really only max. 1 after a call, if at all, is gone before I can reach it? It just happend again. The planes value vs leasing cost was very good, I think that may be the deciding factor, yet it was already being leased to somewhere else after 2 sec. Maybe you could log into my AL to observe it during the next call ;)

I dont understand if they only appear to me then how come it has been occurring since about 3 weeks everytime I make a call! Before that time it didnt.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »
Nope, you didn't understand really.

The last time planes appeared to used market (before your post) was 11:04z. You made a call there (probably, log is not very clear) at 11:08z which means the new planes at the market (50 of them) have been visible there for 4 minutes for any players who have made a call after 11:04. Generation times are random.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 11:59:21 AM »
They don't only appear to you.

When planes get added, they get added in groups of 50.

If you call the market and see '0 planes have been added since last call', then there have been no groups added.

If you call the market and see '47 planes have been added since last call', then a group of 50 has been added, but 3 planes have already been grabbed by people who called after the update, but before your call. If the plane you attempt to lease is being leased by someone else, that's because they called before you did as well. Look at the time remaining, where it says 'someone else is trying to lease this plane, try again in 1.8 minutes'. That timer lasts for 3 minutes, so if there's 1.8 minutes left, that person clicked 'lease plane' 1.2 minutes ago.

apart from there being a lot of demand for used planes, and a lot of people calling and grabbing what they can, there's another reason you'll have to be lucky. People pool their calls, allowing a lot more regular checks to be made. Instead of a call every 35 minutes the way you have, a group of 10 people can make a call every 3.5 minutes if they want to, so they'll almost always see a new group of 50 within 5 minutes of it appearing, and can report on what's there. Then all the other members can call as well to have access to those planes. Plus, people will hold planes for their friends, by clicking 'lease plane' on a plane they don't want, which holds it for 3 minutes. It's possible to end the hold when you want to, and time it with someone else starting their hold, so you'll never get a chance to lease it, unless you're lucky enough that your call is after an update, but before any of their calls.

Offline travelair

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 12:33:22 PM »
Ok I get it, I think  :laugh:
So you need a bit of luck to ring in when a group has just been added or better a new one will after your call. How often is it possible to get a new group, is it only once every game day?

Thx for the explanation.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 02:07:36 PM »
How often is it possible to get a new group, is it only once every game day?

Generation times are random.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 02:25:24 PM »
Ok I get it, I think  :laugh:
So you need a bit of luck to ring in when a group has just been added

Yes

or better a new one will after your call.

No. You only see what was there when you last called. If you call, and 10 seconds later another batch of 50 is added, you won't see any of them until the next time you make a call.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.