Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: EMB120 airline  (Read 840 times)

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
EMB120 airline
« on: September 29, 2013, 07:04:28 AM »
CityLinQ Connect was founded on the first day of this server. The aim of this airline is to see if the recent changes to the AWS game engine indeed allow for very small aircraft to be profitable.

I will create an airline with ONLY EMB120 (30 seater) aircraft and see how it goes.  I did the same about 2 years ago on Lyon and with 60 of them my overhead on ground and service staff killed the airline. In the end I had more staff needed per plane then seats in it.

Hopefully Sami changed from number of staff required based on the number of planes to number of seats an airline is selling, which would make it more realistic and and would open up more opportunities for players, like running a Cessna airline from tiny fields.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: EMB120 airline
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 07:12:13 AM »
Staff numbers won't have changed, but landing & ground handling fees have. You should make money easily, though being in a size 5 airport rather than a size 4 might slow you down a bit due to cost of slots.

Offline AppleBoss

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »
I made money with an all emb 120 fleet in previous world but no need to start from lever 5 airport. A 4 lever will make it also.
You can make money in small routes but also in major airport. If you compete with other airlines, pay attention to never put more seats than 1/3 of the route capacity. 90/95% load factor garanteed and you won't fight with the big boys on that route.

Offline Alberto

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »
I had an airline made completely of EMB120-ER in the MT#8, based in a smaller domestic-only airport in Japan. I joined the game very late, but the airline was very profitable. By the time I bk'ed to move to MT#9 I had 30 a/c, 26 of which owned. My biggest problem was that, joining late in the game, it wasn't possible to buy any new a/c and the few used ones were extremely old. A part from this, it was very easy to be profitable even with the huge personnel costs. My airport even had a 7-20 opening time window and, by packing the flights in such a way that they left at the earliest possible time (e.g. 0700 when all slots were still available) and landed at the latest possible time (1955), I managed to make good money. Also, I didn't run any marketing until later in the process (I think I started buying marketing when I started buying back the leases) but it didn't even matter has I had almost no competition on the routes.

Offline Alberto

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 12:58:55 PM »
I forgot to say, the airport was a level-3... TKS, if I remember correctly.

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 08:34:08 AM »
My Embraer 120 airline a few games ago was the only succesfull airline I ran in a while from Thessaloniki, Greece. Make sure you own them soon and you should be fine.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 07:11:14 AM »
Well, for the competition (flying old 722's) it's not worth it serving destinations with 90 or less pax a day. On those routes I dare charge 149% of the recommended retail price.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »
Last night changes to the slotting system increased slots fare from roughly $500.000 to over $4.500.000
For someone with a turn over a little under a million a week this is no longer viable. Clearly a way to make the game better for those operating the big boys and not taking people into account who DARE to do something different.  :'(

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 12:39:19 PM »
Main reason for the rise is how many slots you used within the near past. Why not try to wait a little longer before acquiring new ones? As I understood it, costs will drop again.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.