Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: why is no parking fee for used market??  (Read 1013 times)

can

• Former member
why is no parking fee for used market??
« on: September 15, 2013, 09:24:36 PM »
hi ceo's

A lot of airlines parked their  aircrafts to the used aircraft parking area to reduce their c and d checks
I am wondering where it is and why is there no parking fee for them?...
A lot of them operating from very busy airports why does no affect their slots?..

Color Air CEO
CAN

Offline schro

• Members
Re: why is no parking fee for used market??
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 01:57:51 AM »
There are fees assessed in the form of insurance and probably a few other things, so it isn't free to have them sit on the used market. Slots are only impacted by takeoffs and landings as it represents use of the runway, not of places to park the planes. Those airlines aren't avoiding doing the checks persay - its just that no one wants to lease the planes they have at the given price. I would imagine if you contacted one of the airlines and had interest in leasing some of their planes, they'd gladly C or D check them for you to get it going. If an airline has a ton of planes on the market, the C/D check costs are pretty much a rounding error in the grand scheme of things...

Offline AndreiX

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 10:08:06 PM »
There are fees assessed in the form of insurance and probably a few other things, so it isn't free to have them sit on the used market. Slots are only impacted by takeoffs and landings as it represents use of the runway, not of places to park the planes. Those airlines aren't avoiding doing the checks persay - its just that no one wants to lease the planes they have at the given price. I would imagine if you contacted one of the airlines and had interest in leasing some of their planes, they'd gladly C or D check them for you to get it going. If an airline has a ton of planes on the market, the C/D check costs are pretty much a rounding error in the grand scheme of things...

Neah, I doubt that he is interested in any planes, he just wants to add extra costs for the competition ;)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 04:51:01 AM »
I operate a multi-story underground parking garage in CDG for unused aircraft  ;D

Offline AndreiX

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 11:13:48 AM »
I operate a multi-story underground parking garage in CDG for unused aircraft  ;D

Good to know! Thx for the ideea! I was thinking of opening a underwater garadge near AYT, but I guess it would be cheaper to go underground! I will pm you asking for the details (schematics, costs and the price scheme for rental to other airlines! :D :))

Offline AndreiX

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 11:16:29 AM »

I wonder if we could include a black market facility for C&D maintenance...  :laugh:

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 07:01:05 PM »

problem is he has so many plane.... some say his garage has a secret entrance all the way in asia  ;D

can

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 06:50:21 PM »
thank you for your all replies,
ok i understood that i m the only one request parking fee for  used market aircraft which is very common in real life at the major airports.  :-\
enjoy the free parking and  also enjoy the free structures . ;)

safe flights
can

Offline TranceAvia

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 12:17:33 AM »
with respect can, you have a fair point and its great you are looking to improve the sim. but there are alot of features much higher up the 'improving realism' list that we'd all like to see. i.e. levels of service/price (luxury/full service/charter/low cost/ultra low cost/ryanscair) and of course cargo.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 06:52:13 PM »
I always make sure my slot fees include a special parking area for my inevitable museum of Soviet scrap metal. If the airport won't accommodate my hobby, then I simply won't do business there.

Offline LoonyToony

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 09:52:15 PM »
There is something very wrong with the used market though.

One or two big airlines buy planes just to get that achievement. The used market is loaded with planes that need C and D checks.

I'm not entirely sure what the restrictions to buying new aircraft are but I think there should be some, or that achievement has to be taken out because this is truly idiotic. Check the used DC8's and Boeing 707's and 747's for fun. They are bought for no other reason than to end up on the used market and to rot there. That's ruins the balance of the used market completely and indirectly also spoils the new airplanes market.

I mean honestly, who needs 40 Concorde's other than for the achievement?

Offline AndreiX

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 10:23:31 PM »

One or two big airlines buy planes just to get that achievement. The used market is loaded with planes that need C and D checks.

I'm not entirely sure what the restrictions to buying new aircraft are but I think there should be some, or that achievement has to be taken out because this is truly idiotic. Check the used DC8's and Boeing 707's and 747's for fun. They are bought for no other reason than to end up on the used market and to rot there. That's ruins the balance of the used market completely and indirectly also spoils the new airplanes market.

Lets not forget that some people choose to buy airplane and only add them in service when they have enogh to replace an entire fleet (for obvious fleet comonality reasons) or ther are people making a looot of cash and they need to invest them in something (if their investments are not great and they end up rotting it is their problem)... Of course there are some playing for achievements... But this is a game, right???

Offline spiff23

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 02:34:50 AM »

The flip side of course is some of those planes have been lowered in price as much as the system allows.  If you're willing to C or D check the plane you can still get them for a bargain. 

If Sami scrolls through this, a possible long game feature improvement might be to lower the scrap age on pre-1965 (or similar early 1960s date?) planes.  I notice if you turn in a leased Hawker 121 right before the 8 year D check, the system is scrapping many of them (otherwise the high number of H121 scraps doesn't make sense as they are well below 16 years).  Of course if I put an owned one into the used market, I have to wait another 8 years to scrap them.

Maybe in the next JA certain planes like Caravelles, Any turbo props (DC, Lockheed) and the early jets comet1-3' DC-8 10-43s could have a 10 year scrap as that might help clean up the 3 pages of DC-8-10 through 30s  that are now parked.  Granted some folks will keep them parked for the MV boost, but I'm a fan of use them; offer them; then scrap them and move on.

Also I don't think this is too far fetched for the 1960s with the massive improvements in technology in that decade.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.