Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Fuel burn linked to config or pax capacity  (Read 292 times)

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
[-] Fuel burn linked to config or pax capacity
« on: September 15, 2013, 12:20:57 AM »
Hi,

I'd like to see a link of fuel burn based on either the number of pax transported or the seating configuration.
Fuel burn varies by weight of the aircraft so the more people & cargo (doesnt apply yet in AWS) fly, the heavier the plane and the more fuel an aircraft needs to burn.

Im not sure if your fuel number already takes this into consideration but when you change the configuration of an aircraft, the fuel burn/hr stays the same.
By linking fuel burn to configuration, having premium seats may become a more attractive proposition on shorter routes as currently they have no advantage.

I'm not sure how complicated it would be to implement this, but it would add a lot more realism to the sim.

glad to hear other people's thoughts.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:28:28 PM by sami »

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Fuel burn linked to config or pax capacity.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 12:25:27 AM »
I'd rather have fuel burn fixed and get top line revenue for carrying mail, cargo, etc. when there isn't a full load of pax.  Keeps it simple...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Fuel burn linked to config or pax capacity.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 07:28:24 PM »
I'd like to see a link of fuel burn based on either the number of pax transported or the seating configuration.

This is already modelled.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.