Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Need some advice!  (Read 742 times)

SoulPlane

• Former member
Need some advice!
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:16:24 AM »
I've started to make some profits now and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice to increase my profit further and make changes of my operations? I hate being patience!

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: Need some advice!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 05:50:07 AM »
We can't really help without enough data. You need to give us some information such as: HQ, what kind of competition you face, your fleet choice, etc...

The key to the game is being patient. You're new to the game (as your reg date suggests), and you're in Jet Age, which in my opinion is a hard game world. A new Beginner World just opened, why don't you try it? It's made for new players with easy parameters, and you can grow very fast there

Offline TerryMcKenna

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 06:50:44 AM »
Hi buddy. You've picked a tough airport with not much scope. Can l suggest rebasing in Europe. There are good opportunities still and plenty of future growth. Good luck.:-)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:59:13 AM by TerryMcKenna »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:54:50 AM »
Pick 2 suitable fleet groups. Get planes. Fly them on efficient schedules. Make more money to get more planes. Repeat.

That's pretty much it, regardless of where you're based.

You've got 1 Heron, and you have quite a lot of routes inside the Heron's range, 10-50 pax, and empty or nearly empty. So get more Herons for those. They're cheap, they're also available new.

You've got plenty of bigger routes, but many of them are too long for a turboprop. So pick a fleet that's readily available and long lasting. Compare price, availability, maintenance costs, fuel costs. Some of your options are

Comet - very thirsty (7000 kg/hr), a bit expensive on maintenance (~30k/month for the 8 year old stuff on the market)

DC6 - cheap to lease, not too bad on fuel. But the planes are old & slow, and maintenance is very expensive (30k/month to lease one, but over 50k/month to maintain it)

IL-18 - the newer 18Ds are decent, but as a group they're also somewhat slow, and expensive to maintain.

Tu-104 - similar to the comet. 7000kg/hr, a little cheaper to lease, but a little more to maintain.

Caravelle - smaller than the others, which isn't automatically a bad thing. Better on fuel, at 4500kg/hr. Lease + maintenance is about 80k/month.

737 - better again on fuel, at 3500kg/hr. Also about 80k/month for lease + maintenance. Shares a fleet group with the 737-200, so you can replace with those later on as demand grows and the newer planes arrive.

Personally, I'd go with a mix of 737s & Herons. If you want an estimate for what a plane will cost you in maintenance, take the price it shows for A-check, and multiply by 11. That'll give you the average price/month, with yearly C-checks included. Lease price/month you can see on the plane's page already. Cheaper leases are not always better. Even though the DC6 is half the price of a 737, it will actually be more expensive to run month to month.

SoulPlane

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 12:20:54 PM »
Thanks Sanabas. I was thinking of getting more Heron but the only issue that some of the airports already have sme competition and airs lots are expensive for me right now. They are expensive even at the smaller ports. I was wondering about Atlanta and just making my flights cheaper to compete with competition. Do you have advice on routes that I should go after or compete ?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 02:33:04 PM »
Thanks Sanabas. I was thinking of getting more Heron but the only issue that some of the airports already have sme competition and airs lots are expensive for me right now. They are expensive even at the smaller ports. I was wondering about Atlanta and just making my flights cheaper to compete with competition. Do you have advice on routes that I should go after or compete ?

Slots at your destinations will be practically free, outside of the really large airports. Slots at your HQ will get expensive, but that shouldn't be an issue yet.

Fly the shorter, empty, 20+pax routes first.

And since you've lost 600k+? since you started, and could get back to where you are now by spending ~200k, you might be better off restarting.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 02:51:56 PM »
If you want an estimate for what a plane will cost you in maintenance, take the price it shows for A-check, and multiply by 11. That'll give you the average price/month, with yearly C-checks included.

Didn't know that trick. Thanks for sharing

SoulPlane

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »
Slots at your destinations will be practically free, outside of the really large airports. Slots at your HQ will get expensive, but that shouldn't be an issue yet.

Fly the shorter, empty, 20+pax routes first.

And since you've lost 600k+? since you started, and could get back to where you are now by spending ~200k, you might be better off restarting.

The slots at my HQ are very expensive now and thats what is stoping me from getting a new plane and sending them to the smaller empty routes. I will be losing money from slots. How long do you get $0 Airport slots for? A lot of the money that I was losing was due to my expensive marketing but I fix that. Is it better now to start over?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 03:50:52 PM »
Yes, probably better to start over. You can end up in a better position with fleets, and half a million extra in the bank to fund more expansion. You should usually be profitable almost straight away, if you're not, especially if you're clearly not, then you've done something wrong. Like excessive marketing.

When you say 'very expensive', how much are you talking about? I'd be amazed if it was more than 50k for a full set, and would expect it to be much lower for you still. Slot price goes up based on airport size, slot scarcity, and how many slots you have. A size 4 or smaller destination airport will almost always be practically free for you to fly to. HQ slots will increase quicker, especially in a size 5 airport. If you have 2000+ in an 80% full size 5 airport, you can be looking at over 1.5 million for a weekly set.

Didn't know that trick. Thanks for sharing

Regardless of plane, B, C, D checks are always roughly the same multiple of an A-check. 40 A-checks + 11 B-checks + 1 C-check = 128.6 A-checks for the year = a little under 11 A-checks/month.

SoulPlane

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »
I sent you a direct message Sanabas.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 07:10:52 PM »
Regardless of plane, B, C, D checks are always roughly the same multiple of an A-check. 40 A-checks + 11 B-checks + 1 C-check = 128.6 A-checks for the year = a little under 11 A-checks/month.
Ah!  Simple.  I was assuming more variation from aircraft to aircraft, given the depth of this game, thus manually calculating the total sum for each. 

Great rule of thumb, makes for quick comparisons.  Thanks.  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.