Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What is it that I do wrong?  (Read 676 times)

christoffer.enholm

• Former member
What is it that I do wrong?
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »
What is the thing that I am doing wrong? My airline is not generating profits, but all my routs are. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Offline Pukeko

• Members
Re: What is it that I do wrong?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:59:03 PM »
In one sentance: Too many fleets. Stick to one fleet type until you are well established and add new fleets slowly. There is plenty about this written in the starter guides within the the forums.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 08:46:26 PM »
What is the thing that I am doing wrong? My airline is not generating profits, but all my routs are. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

A route being profitable or a single airplane doesn't mean squat, as they neglect the overhead cost of your airline. An important part of that is aircraft maintenance cost. You have 3 fleets already, two of them with only one aircraft. The cost of a fleet is divided through all of its members. A single aircraft in a fleet costs a fortune per aircraft compared to when you got 15 of them. The absolute cost will be a bit higher than with one aircraft, but you will be able to divide it through 15 aircraft, so the relative cost will be lower.
You have 3 fleets you pay the overhead for. If you only had one fleet for those 4 aircraft, you would save a fortune and probably be profitable.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »
I'm not in MT and can't see your airline, but I've seen many others give rule of thumb advice to others that you should try to have 20 aircraft in a single fleet before adding another fleet type.  It is economies of scale as saftfrucht said.  It's like having kids--1 of them is expensive, 2 of them is more expensive but not twice as expensive, and every kid you add increases your expenses, but only marginally.

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 07:25:12 AM »
Yeah, but most kids won't take 150 people across the Atlantic without complaining  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.