Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: DC6  (Read 482 times)

tm07x

• Former member
DC6
« on: August 31, 2013, 03:01:29 PM »
Anyone else having trouble competing with the magic carpet/DC6 in Jet Age?
Doesn't seem like it's possible to compete with that bird, especially with rising fuel costs.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
Re: DC6
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 04:06:47 PM »
It's because of the sim. Pax in the Jet Age actually don't like jets (they completely don't care about speed). So as a result, there is a jet penalty. And the Piston Age will last forever in smaller markets, and at least until miniplane penalty kicks in in larger markets.

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 06:57:38 PM »
as one of the largest dc6b fleet airline, I disagree on this... it has it's advantage at the beginning thanks to stupid amount of them available in UM but right now many planes are better then they do. Many airline is trying their best to get rid of it before it goes red.

in top 5 cv airline only 1 airline still uses it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:04:16 PM by Aoitsuki »

Offline TerryMcKenna

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 11:18:55 PM »
The main problem l see is that pax figures have not increased sufficently yet to support these large jets. As such a lot of players rush in too early ordering them but then find they have quadrupled their fuel bill and quartered their load factors. As such this leads to a lot of early bankrupties. My advice is to stick to props as long as possible or move to the smaller jets like Comets.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:58:38 AM »
The main problem l see is that pax figures have not increased sufficently yet to support these large jets. As such a lot of players rush in too early ordering them but then find they have quadrupled their fuel bill and quartered their load factors. As such this leads to a lot of early bankrupties. My advice is to stick to props as long as possible or move to the smaller jets like Comets.

This exactly. I have to stick to some of my DC-6 because some routes to large European cities like Paris don't yet support a DC-8 from HKG. Incredible, but well.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.