Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Drag and Drop Scheduling for Laptop / Desktop Users  (Read 297 times)

BD

• Former member
Drag and Drop Scheduling for Laptop / Desktop Users
« on: August 27, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »
I know that the stated reason for not implementing this is that it doesn't work for mobile units.

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,11772.0.html

IRL, if we said that to our users, they'd have our heads.   :laugh:

Reality is that not all applications can work seemlessly the same way in all environments they are run on.

That has not stopped us providing features to our users on platforms that can support it and the mobile users understand that the feature set is limited on mobile units due to inherent constraints in those platforms (though that is being reduced all the time)...and I think most AWS players have realistic expectations this way  :)

Said in other words, from our users' perspective (to paraphrase what they emphatically tell us - especially on ease of use items), we don't make them wait for capability because we are managing to the "lowest common denominator" platform.

That said, we operate in a commercial environment and have funding for these things.  Of course, in AWS, funding is limited to the price we pay to play and I understand the argument that it may be "too costly" at current prices to develop it and to support two versions of scheduling.

I wonder how much credits would have to climb to enable this capability?  I know I'd be willing to pay extra to be able to drag and drop schedules even if only on a PC platform (vs the spreadsheet based, frustratingly error prone (and game money losing), and time consuming method of manually setting each time, especially for LH 7-day schedules)...on that willingness I might be an outlier (?  ;D ).

Would be nice to estimate this and present to the players in AWS to see if they'd be willing to pay for it.

Then again, maybe I'm all alone here with this thinking.   :laugh:

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
Re: Drag and Drop Scheduling for Laptop / Desktop Users
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:43:51 PM »
I agree that drag and drop scheduling would be MUCH more convenient. Especially when moving routes from one frame onto several; or several piecemeal routes from different frames onto one frame. Like when doing 7-day scheduling.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Drag and Drop Scheduling for Laptop / Desktop Users
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:41:51 PM »
There is no reason you can't have two methods to add a route to a schedule--the current add route modal and drag/drop.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.